Batteries crapped out -Summer's here

az57chevy

Must be summer time.

Interstate Battery from Costco for my daily driver needed replacement after 11 months!

Duralast Gold from Autozone for the Corvette looked to be dying, trickle charger showed it only 75% but dead when I tried to start it to go and have them check it out.  Totally dead.  36 month warranty and replaced at 26 months

Summer is chewing them up.

Yep. I made the switch to the Duralast Gold two batteries ago. The guy at Autozone flat out told me to come have them check it every 6 months  or so. If it’s even close to testing bad they’ll replace it

13 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Yep. I made the switch to the Duralast Gold two batteries ago. The guy at Autozone flat out told me to come have them check it every 6 months  or so. If it’s even close to testing bad they’ll replace it

well mine lasted two days.

back to the store!!!

Way back when I was young and dumb(er) I purchased an Exide battery from Walmart and it was bad right off the shelf.  I find this out after I carried it a half mile from the store to get it back to my truck.  Then I went back for a replacement of the new one I had just purchased (yep, walking and carrying) and THAT one was bad

As I look at it now, not only was I young and dumb, I was also a hell of a lot stronger than I am now  :lol 

On 6/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, az57chevy said:

well mine lasted two days.

back to the store!!!

So Autozone tested their new battery and said it was okay and holding a charge. I put it on a trickle charger first overnight and it seemed to  hold a charge but after installing it AGAIN it flopped down and had no cranks.  Even with a trickle charger running on it.  Tried another trickle charger and then a fast charger with no luck.

So this time I took it to a different Autozone.  They initially stated it was good and holding a charge.  I thought I'd be spending the weekend pulling fuses and trying to isolate the circuit, but the one clerk tried the battery again before giving it back and in four hours it had lost half its charge!!  So they gave me ANOTHER battery.  After a night with the trickle charger going crazy pulsing away, it went to 100% and has stayed there ever since.

Crisis averted!!

• 4 months later...

I took my Walmart battery back last winter when the dealer said it checked bad.  It was one month out of warranty.  They installed a new battery and gave me $1.50 back because the price of the battery is now cheaper then it was 3 yrs ago!    😀

3 hours ago, JohnU said:

I took my Walmart battery back last winter when the dealer said it checked bad.  It was one month out of warranty.  They installed a new battery and gave me $1.50 back because the price of the battery is now cheaper then it was 3 yrs ago!    😀

It should have been more, since they didn't figure in a COLA. You got ripped.

11 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

It should have been more, since they didn't figure in a COLA. You got ripped.

I took one for the team!