Devil has arrived

MaktonC6

Was informed about this place from SixAddict at the CorvetteForum and looks like a place I might be able to get active in. So, HI!

I have a dark red  06C6A6 (666) with a bunch of demons in it. Hell, the car is down right now for that stupid remote receiver module. Nothing like first world issues!

I bought the car in 2015 for under 20K which was not bad then. the person did a lot of "hacks" to the car as it looks like he fell on hard times and could not take care of it properly. Most of the issues are resolved and I do use the car as my daily driver. just ran into this issue 2 weeks ago and am waiting on the TECH2 programmer I ordered to get this working with the new module I have. Could not get it into learning mode.

The car is not the only vehicle in the fleet. I have a truck which is the work horse, a British SportBike, and a 1990 Jeep which I'm in the process of getting back running. All this, on top of doing to jobs.. yay!!

Nice to meet everyone

Mike

scottcolbath
On 6/15/2018 at 9:18 AM, MaktonC6 said:

Was informed about this place from SixAddict at the CorvetteForum and looks like a place I might be able to get active in. So, HI!

I have a dark red  06C6A6 (666) with a bunch of demons in it. Hell, the car is down right now for that stupid remote receiver module. Nothing like first world issues!

I bought the car in 2015 for under 20K which was not bad then. the person did a lot of "hacks" to the car as it looks like he fell on hard times and could not take care of it properly. Most of the issues are resolved and I do use the car as my daily driver. just ran into this issue 2 weeks ago and am waiting on the TECH2 programmer I ordered to get this working with the new module I have. Could not get it into learning mode.

The car is not the only vehicle in the fleet. I have a truck which is the work horse, a British SportBike, and a 1990 Jeep which I'm in the process of getting back running. All this, on top of doing to jobs.. yay!!

Nice to meet everyone

Mike

Hi MIke. Let's hear about the Triumph. Got any favorite rides/roads out here?

I just finished getting my Busa ready to heat to Monterey next week for the World Superbike races. Fresh oil, filter, chain, sprockets, and a few other odds and ends.

S.C.

Looks like I'm not getting updates from when people posts! thank you for the replies!! As for PIC!! Even got the bike in one of them.

The car is still down over this RCDLR (whatever the name of the remote fob receiver module is). The old one does not click is relays anymore and even after replacing all the relays, still doesn't work, leaving me to believe the 5v supply, on the board is out. I have another module that is clicking it's relays, but knows nothing of the FOB that go to the car and I am unable to get it into the "long" learning mode to get the FOBs working. So, waiting on the TECH2 programmer to I can get the new receiver module to learn my original FOBs. not a great design there. So, the center console is out of the car and I might work on the "rattling" doors while I have the car down, unless someone has a Tech2 programmer and doesn't mind coming over for about an hour (Food and Drink included).

Scott, I have not ridden in Phoenix that much (I have the car), but I was with TucsonSportBikes and riding down there. I would be interested in good riding spots up here. The Triumph has a strange air leak on the front wheel and the battery is dead. Otherwise, you are absolutely right!! Need to get this back up. You riding to Monterey? I did that from Bakersfield, CA with my R6 back in 06 for MOTO GP, Nicky Hayden won that race and if I remember won the Championship that year. Rossi's bike cratered. the farthest the Triumph went was from Tyler, TX to Tucson, AZ and back. Was living in Tyler at the time, and was a good ride.

Back to the Devil, I do have plans for this car with the main goal to beat my favorite "exotic" car maker Lamborghini. Since the Vette is rear wheel, I cannot take on the Aventador but Huracan and Gallardo are open game. Having a reliable and easier fixing car that can take out exotics is quiet an achievement, but this will be years and really waiting to see what the C8 becomes. Please I also have the Jeep as a project right now.. to many projects.

-Mike

20150829_133323.jpg

20151114_141458.jpg

20151114_141754.jpg

20150829_133547_LI.jpg

Hey Mike,

I sent you a PM from the other forum, guess you didn't see it? I have a Tech2 if you'd like to borrow for the relearn on the fobs. 

Let me know.

Ron 

2 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Hey Mike,

I sent you a PM from the other forum, guess you didn't see it? I have a Tech2 if you'd like to borrow for the relearn on the fobs. 

Let me know.

Ron 

Ron, I did not!! looks like I'm a couple more weeks. If you don't mind, I would love the assistance! I'll PM you my #

-Mike

Nice pics, thanks for posting!  There are some good riding roads here, the same ones that are fun in a Vette... Just not the best time of year for daytime riding right now. :devil10:

I was a huge Nicky Hayden fan. I was at Laguna Seca for his 06 win, and you are correct, he took the MotoGP championship that year. 

Wanted to update. THE DEVIL IS BACK!!

Thanks to SixAddict for the assistance with the TECH2. We were able to program the new RCDLR and the car is fully back togethers and running.

Little after video of what we ran into.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, MaktonC6 said:

Looks like I'm not getting updates from when people posts! thank you for the replies!! As for PIC!! Even got the bike in one of them.

Check into your profile, notification settings to ensure your getting email when people post in your topics or reply/quote your messages. If you’ve still got issues, let me know and I’ll take a deeper look into your setting! And again, welcome to ACE!!

Nice video Mike. Never read about the ECM needing to relearn the new or used RCDLR password. Good find. 

94transamgt

Motorcycle, corvette, and a Jeep, looks like you have it all covered. Great looking car, glad you got it going. 

54 minutes ago, 94transamgt said:

Motorcycle, corvette, and a Jeep, looks like you have it all covered. 

^^^  a trifecta of fun!  :thumbs

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. The car is still working, though I still need to have the RCDLR relearn the TPS sensors in the tires. Yesterday morning, the RCDLR relays started clicking randomly. This was the same issue that happened 3 weeks after the RCDLR failed. Researching this one, I went to the back of the car, looking at the door release switch. Upon dissembling it, the switch was effectively pushed in, full of sand and dirt, and dry rotted. Looks like I need a new switch. However, this doesn't stop the car from heading out and supporting fellow ace members or Cancer surviving children.

In all, I'm betting the switch being consistently pushed in caused the failure of the RCDLR. Good thing to note as time goes on :).

• 2 weeks later...