12th Annual Prescott Corvette Show - 2018

Chameleon

12th annual Historic Prescott Corvette Show

September 22, 2018

This event is hosted by the Prescott Vette Sette.  Information about the show, registration form  etc., are posted on their website here: http://www.prescottvettesette.org/car-show-information    Check it out!

ACE always has some cars participate in this show. Some folks go up on Friday before the show, others cruise up on Saturday morning.

We usually meet up outside the show Saturday morning and then roll into the show as a group so we can park together. 

If you plan to attend, please post up in this thread!

IN:

SixAddict

Chameleon

Suzy Cruisy

NativeAz

German

Harley Pat

ExssiveVet

XxDoubledgexX

SLAMMER

08 Vert

No. 144

S-DAZE

Vette R & D

Captainkvan

If you are participating in the show and would like to enter/park in the show as a group on Saturday morning, meet up in time to depart as a group at 8:15 am. 

MEET POINT: Parking lot of Mile High Middle School.  West Carleton Avenue ends in this parking lot, which is located 1/2 block west of the intersection of West Carleton Avenue and South Montezuma Street. Hope this linky works. . .  

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5398868,-112.4700054,537m/data=!3m1!1e3

UPDATE:

I have received a couple of queries regarding meet points in Phoenix for the run up the hill to Prescott.

If you want to go up I-17 Saturday morning, the meeting place is the McDonald’s on Carefree Highway, just east of I-17.  You must arrive in time to leave McDonald's by 6:30 am to make the show entry in Prescott with the rest of ACE at 8:15 am. 

If you want to run up the back way through Yarnell on Saturday morning, please contact HarleyPat about meeting up with him (see his post in this thread).

I am running up the back way Friday mid-morning.  Anyone wanting to join me, post up in this thread and we’ll figure it out.

Missed this last year but I did see a video done by one of the members here, looks like a great time.

Michele and Ron are in, don't know if we'll stay in Prescott or look for something around there but we'll be there Friday nite and then do the meet up Saturday with everyone else. 

Do we need to fill anything out? Don't plan on showing my car as I'm a lowly base model :( ....

Thanks.

17 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Michele and Ron are in, don't know if we'll stay in Prescott or look for something around there but we'll be there Friday nite and then do the meet up Saturday with everyone else. 

Do we need to fill anything out? Don't plan on showing my car as I'm a lowly base model :( ....

Thanks.

Excellent!  I always go up on Friday.  There are always other ACE folks up there on Friday, and manage to get together for dinner, drinks, socializing or general foolishness.  :P

The show is free to spectators, no tickets or anything to fill out - just show up to gawk.  However, please don't rule out being in the show just because your Vette is a "lowly base model."  There is a class for stock vehicles in each generation and class.  I have always put my Vette in the show.  Never won anything, but I don't expect to.  I put my car in the show for the fun of participating with other ACE folks, and because my car is safely parked in plain sight all day.  The show is an all day activity for me, and I don't like leaving my car in the parking garage or sitting on a side street somewhere all day unattended.  

Regardless of if you put your car in the show or not, there are hotel deals associated with the show, information is posted on the Prescott Vette Sette website.  At the very least, it will help you with seeing which hotels are in the area, including the distance to the show.

Look forward to seeing you there, and hope you decide to put your car in the show!

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Excellent!  I always go up on Friday.  There are always other ACE folks up there on Friday, and manage to get together for dinner, drinks, socializing or general foolishness.  :P

The show is free to spectators, no tickets or anything to fill out - just show up to gawk.  However, please don't rule out being in the show just because your Vette is a "lowly base model."  There is a class for stock vehicles in each generation and class.  I have always put my Vette in the show.  Never won anything, but I don't expect to.  I put my car in the show for the fun of participating with other ACE folks, and because my car is safely parked in plain sight all day.  The show is an all day activity for me, and I don't like leaving my car in the parking garage or sitting on a side street somewhere all day unattended.  

Regardless of if you put your car in the show or not, there are hotel deals associated with the show, information is posted on the Prescott Vette Sette website.  At the very least, it will help you with seeing which hotels are in the area, including the distance to the show.

Look forward to seeing you there, and hope you decide to put your car in the show!

Ok you talked me into it. :cheers just sent my registration form in and due to Michele's business we got a free room at Residents Inn off 69 and Lee court I believe is the road. 

Thank you for reminding me about the parking, that was the convincer. 

I refuse to participate unless there is a group participation trophy............

Still too soon?????  :lol 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

I refuse to participate unless there is a group participation trophy............

They're "cooking up" a fresh trophy for you!

trophy.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Ok you talked me into it. :cheers just sent my registration form in and due to Michele's business we got a free room at Residents Inn off 69 and Lee court I believe is the road. 

Thank you for reminding me about the parking, that was the convincer. 

Super!  :thumbs

20 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

I thought you just refused to participate in anything anymore. :loser:   I can't remember the last time I saw you in person.  :lol  

You show up in Prescott, I'll buy you a beer.  :beer:  There's your trophy.  Better than the one JohnU is obtaining for you!

THE CMSH DRINKS BEER? 🍺 

Maybe wine 🍷 is best!

That is if he’s not working,.....

SLAMMER😎

On 6/20/2018 at 9:00 PM, Suzy Cruisy said:

We plan to go Friday.  Staying at BW Prescottonian

I'm staying at the same place. :thumbs

• Upvote 1

We'll be going up Saturday morning. If anyone wants to meet at the McDonald's on Carefree Highway and I-17 like last year, that would be great.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, German said:

We'll be going up Saturday morning. If anyone wants to meet at the McDonald's on Carefree Highway and I-17 like last year, that would be great.

:thumbs   Are you putting your car in the show?

I'll post up more meet point info in the first post of this thread once the time gets a little closer. . .

We mailed the car show registration this morning.

We are staying at the BW Prescottonian also. Hotels are already getting filled up.

We plan on driving to Prescott on Friday and heading home after the show on Saturday.

We attended many of these shows as spectators, but this year we decided to show the Vette. 

Should be a fun trip and event.

9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

:thumbs   Are you putting your car in the show?

I'll post up more meet point info in the first post of this thread once the time gets a little closer. . .

Yes, we'll put it in like last year. Pump up the ACE numbers!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ApZYRd7vS3fnFEk2 

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on going and will send my registration in today. 😎

Here is the link to last years show video. Hope this talks more members into going. Bad Bob, you can ride up with me if you like. I’ll be heading up Saturday the back way if anyone wants to meet in Wickenberg. 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I received the confirmation letter in the mail yesterday. I didn’t expect anything until next month. 

We we are looking forward to going. Prescott is always a fun place to visit.

:burnout

Got my confirmation letter also, but no T-Shirt, guess we get them when we arrive. 

T-shirts are provided when you check in at the show. Each participant gets a little swag bag,  Which includes whatever shirts you have ordered.

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

T-shirts are provided when you check in at the show. Each participant gets a little swag bag,  Which includes whatever shirts you have ordered.

Thanks, I take it your back on the mainland from paradise?

Registration submitted, I'm just waiting on the confirmation letter now. We're planning on going there on Friday with my wife.

Woo whooo...got my confirmation email today! :burnout  See you all in Prescott at the meeting place Sat morning! :banannarainbow:

Damn!  We'll not be able to make it, again, this year.  Maybe next year, it'll not come up against other travel plans.