Jump to content
az57chevy

June 30th Show at Memory Care Center

Recommended Posts

az57chevy

I was contacted by the program director for a memory care center in Ahwatukee.  She was hoping for five cars to come out on Saturday June 30, 2018 from 9-10 AM for a short show for their residents.  Doesn't have to be an all Corvette Show but...

I will check out the proposed site but should be okay.  We're limited to five due to the lot, apparently.

 

Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee

13822 S. 46th Pl

Phoenix, AZ 85044

 

Any takers?

 

PS You all probably know that the 30th of June is the official birthday of the Corvette right?

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C4in mesa

I would like to attend could I be directed to a page giving me some details on the day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy

There isn't really a page. I put it on the forum's calendar and linked the webpage of the care center.

Show up at 9 Am and the residents will have an hour to wonder out and see the cars.

I'm betting someone will tell us they used to own one "back in the day"

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon

Mark, are you going to this, or just posting up for others to attend?

 

I'm up for going to this.

 

I think it would be nice to have a couple older generation Vettes also. . . any takers?  Dave64? Buccaneer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy

I am planing on being there to make sue it goes smoothly. So need at least two more.

12 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Mark, are you going to this, or just posting up for others to attend?

 

I'm up for going to this.

 

I think it would be nice to have a couple older generation Vettes also. . . any takers?  Dave64? Buccaneer? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
22 hours ago, az57chevy said:

I am planing on being there to make sue it goes smoothly. So need at least two more.

 

 

I'll see who else I can round up. . .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy

Cool. It doesn't have to be an all Corvette show  but ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrhusker

I might be able to be persuaded...I'll check with the better half and see if we have anything going non then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy
13 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I might be able to be persuaded...I'll check with the better half and see if we have anything going non then.

Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrhusker

Should be able to make this so count me in if you'd like to hve me there. If anything, I may be by myself as the wife wants to fly to Florida for our granddaughters birthday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
10 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Should be able to make this so count me in if you'd like to hve me there. If anything, I may be by myself as the wife wants to fly to Florida for our granddaughters birthday.

 

Nice!  Look forward to seeing you there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy

That will be great, though the older I get the better the grandkids look!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy

I checked out the site today and it is easy in and out.  In case it gets too hot, there is an adjacent lobby you could sneak into to cool off.  Should be fun to see the residents reactions.  Just a bit west of the I-10 and Ray.

 

Any more interest??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrhusker

I'm hoping to have my windshield issue resolved on Monday and be able to put the car back together next weekend. Should not be an issue but if it is, I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
az57chevy
7 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I'm hoping to have my windshield issue resolved on Monday and be able to put the car back together next weekend. Should not be an issue but if it is, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave64

I'd love to go, but the '64 is still in the shop getting the front end repaired and repainted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
29 minutes ago, Dave64 said:

I'd love to go, but the '64 is still in the shop getting the front end repaired and repainted.

 

Wow, didn't know you were still dealing with that.  Hope it is safely back home soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave64

It's at the shop where I did a bunch of the build.  They like to let bodywork sit until all chemicals are gone from the compounds, etc.  Got a text last night showing the new paint.  Now, it'll sit for a week or ten days before they cut & buff.  They have all my confidence.  With summer trips, etc., it might as well be there as here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×