June 30th Show at Memory Care Center

az57chevy

I was contacted by the program director for a memory care center in Ahwatukee.  She was hoping for five+ cars to come out on Saturday June 30, 2018 from 9-10 AM for a short show for their residents.  Doesn't have to be an all Corvette Show but...

I checked out the proposed site but it is okay.  We're limited to ten due to the lot.

Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee

13822 S. 46th Pl

Phoenix, AZ 85044

besides myself we have

MR HUSKER

CHAMELEON-SLAMMER

Z51FITR

METAJOFF

RVWOODS

EDDIE44

A88BBVET

Any more takers?

I'll be there by 8:45 am but it is pretty easy. They have a circular drive out front, next to the lobby that we can park.Hopefully the weather won;t be too hot!

PS You all probably know that the 30th of June is the official birthday of the Corvette right?

Mark

There isn't really a page. I put it on the forum's calendar and linked the webpage of the care center.

Show up at 9 Am and the residents will have an hour to wonder out and see the cars.

I'm betting someone will tell us they used to own one "back in the day"

Mark

Mark, are you going to this, or just posting up for others to attend?

I'm up for going to this.

I think it would be nice to have a couple older generation Vettes also. . . any takers?  Dave64? Buccaneer? 

I am planing on being there to make sue it goes smoothly. So need at least two more.

12 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Mark, are you going to this, or just posting up for others to attend?

I'm up for going to this.

I think it would be nice to have a couple older generation Vettes also. . . any takers?  Dave64? Buccaneer? 

22 hours ago, az57chevy said:

I am planing on being there to make sue it goes smoothly. So need at least two more.

I'll see who else I can round up. . .  

I might be able to be persuaded...I'll check with the better half and see if we have anything going non then.

13 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I might be able to be persuaded...I'll check with the better half and see if we have anything going non then.

Cool

• 2 weeks later...

Should be able to make this so count me in if you'd like to hve me there. If anything, I may be by myself as the wife wants to fly to Florida for our granddaughters birthday.

10 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Should be able to make this so count me in if you'd like to hve me there. If anything, I may be by myself as the wife wants to fly to Florida for our granddaughters birthday.

Nice!  Look forward to seeing you there!

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the site today and it is easy in and out.  In case it gets too hot, there is an adjacent lobby you could sneak into to cool off.  Should be fun to see the residents reactions.  Just a bit west of the I-10 and Ray.

Any more interest??

I'm hoping to have my windshield issue resolved on Monday and be able to put the car back together next weekend. Should not be an issue but if it is, I'll let you know.

7 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I'm hoping to have my windshield issue resolved on Monday and be able to put the car back together next weekend. Should not be an issue but if it is, I'll let you know.

Thanks

I'd love to go, but the '64 is still in the shop getting the front end repaired and repainted.

29 minutes ago, Dave64 said:

I'd love to go, but the '64 is still in the shop getting the front end repaired and repainted.

Wow, didn't know you were still dealing with that.  Hope it is safely back home soon!

It's at the shop where I did a bunch of the build.  They like to let bodywork sit until all chemicals are gone from the compounds, etc.  Got a text last night showing the new paint.  Now, it'll sit for a week or ten days before they cut & buff.  They have all my confidence.  With summer trips, etc., it might as well be there as here.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:21 PM, az57chevy said:

I was contacted by the program director for a memory care center in Ahwatukee.  She was hoping for five cars to come out on Saturday June 30, 2018 from 9-10 AM for a short show for their residents.  Doesn't have to be an all Corvette Show but...

I will check out the proposed site but should be okay.  We're limited to five due to the lot, apparently.

Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee

13822 S. 46th Pl

Phoenix, AZ 85044

Any takers?

PS You all probably know that the 30th of June is the official birthday of the Corvette right?

Mark

Any others interested in a short show for some older folks????  Probably can squeeze in more cars if we need to!!!

Hey, we've got two more peeps who posted up on the forum calendar that they are gonna attend, metaJoff and Z51FITR.  :thumbs

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Hey, we've got two more peeps who posted up on the forum calendar that they are gonna attend, metaJoff and Z51FITR.  :thumbs

The more the merrier!!

2 hours ago, rvwoods said:

If you still have room I can bring my C6.  

Yes, the more the merrier.

Besides myself we have coming out

MR HUSKER

CHAMELEON

Z51FITR

METAJOFF

RVWOODS

Any more takers?

2 hours ago, az57chevy said:

Besides myself we have coming out

MR HUSKER

CHAMELEON

Z51FITR

METAJOFF

RVWOODS

Any more takers?

SLAMMER IS TRANSPORTING THE CHAMELEON. 

Not sure if that counts. But I’ll be there too!

SLAMMER😎