Jump to content

Escape the Heat - Saturday, August 11th


Chameleon

Recommended Posts

Chameleon

Spend a day out of the heat. . . :devil10:

Saturday August 11th, cruise to Flagstaff via the back roads. :driving:


Route: Payson/Strawberry/Happy Jack/Flagstaff.

Lunch at Beaver Street Brewery:
http://www.beaverstreetbrewery.com/


The Brewery opens at 11:00. They DO NOT take reservations, even for large groups. So, the plan is to be there when they open the doors at 11:00. . .

After lunch, your choice of return routes. . .

8:00 a.m. meet for a prompt 8:30 a.m. departure.

 


MEET POINT:
 

Chevron station, southeast corner of Beeline (Hwy 87) and Ft. McDowell Road.
This is the second traffic light north of the intersection of Beeline and Shea Blvd (approximately 2 miles).
 

Turn right off Beeline, and an immediate right into the Chevron.
Drive through the fuel islands, and bear left into the parking lot on the side of the building.
Food, drinks, fuel, restrooms available.

Route and itinerary will be provided at the meet point.

Post up here if you’re in!  :thumbs

 

IN:

SixAddict (2)

Shakti Vette (2)

Chameleon

Johnnyi

Pamela RDH (2)

Dave64 (2)

JohnU (2)

Sean

JustinG (2)

SLAMMER

XXDoubledgeXX (2)

rvwoods (2)

Jeff (2)

No. 144

DevilDoc

 

 

MAYBE:

mellojoe (2)

aenigma (2)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
mellojoe

This might be perfect.  I might join y'all.  My wife and I have a friend in Strawberry that we might stop in on and do lunch there instead of with the group.  But at least it will be nice to finally meet the gang and see the cars.  Catch the first half of the run up, anyway.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
2 hours ago, mellojoe said:

This might be perfect.  I might join y'all.  My wife and I have a friend in Strawberry that we might stop in on and do lunch there instead of with the group.  But at least it will be nice to finally meet the gang and see the cars.  Catch the first half of the run up, anyway.

 

 

 

Hope you can make it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
aenigma

More than likely, we’ll come. By that week, I’ve usually had about all I can take of the heat and I flip out and head to California for a week. If we’re here, we’ll definitely tag along. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SRT8/ vette

We will MISS this cruise!  As we will be watching cars making left turns live that weekend!   :checkerdflag::checkerdflag:   :jim:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
12 hours ago, SRT8/ vette said:

We will MISS this cruise!  As we will be watching cars making left turns live that weekend!   :checkerdflag::checkerdflag:   :jim:

 

Have fun in Michigan. 

 

I would pick the next weekend and go to Bristol instead!  :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll pencil this one in the ole calendar for 2 peeps.  We'll reintroduce ourselves...it's been a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
On 5/29/2018 at 6:37 PM, Pamela RDH said:

We would love to go along. Sounds fun. 

 

:welcome: to :ACE:   Look forward to meeting you on the cruise!

 

 

4 hours ago, Dave64 said:

We'll pencil this one in the ole calendar for 2 peeps.  We'll reintroduce ourselves...it's been a long time.

 

:wave2:Will be nice to see you and Pam!  It's been TOO long! 

 

 

3 hours ago, German said:

For what it's worth, that's the weekend of the Williams Route 66 event. Might be a good side trip from Flagstaff.

 

https://coolcountrycruisein.com/ 

 

^^^ you always seem to know where the cruises are!  I see they have a Hula Hoop contest that afternoon.  :P  

Could take the long way home through Williams and Prescott to enjoy the Highway 89 twisties on the way home. . .  :pensativo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Extender32
On 5/30/2018 at 8:19 AM, Chameleon said:

 

Have fun in Michigan. 

 

I would pick the next weekend and go to Bristol instead!  :P

That's on our bucket list but I grew up 45 min from the track and have never been.  Time to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, German said:

For what it's worth, that's the weekend of the Williams Route 66 event. Might be a good side trip from Flagstaff.

https://coolcountrycruisein.com/ 

 

FYI: German and I are booked in Williams at the Rodeway Inn (Yes,  rated  #1 there...that's how we roll with our young brides!)  Friday night to catch the kickoff of their RT66 party and watch the locals "spend" their rear tires.   45 minutes to Flag for lunch of Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chameleon
10 hours ago, JohnU said:

 

FYI: German and I are booked in Williams at the Rodeway Inn (Yes,  rated  #1 there...that's how we roll with our young brides!)  Friday night to catch the kickoff of their RT66 party and watch the locals "spend" their rear tires.   45 minutes to Flag for lunch of Saturday.

 

I'm surprised you'll be anywhere in Arizona in AUGUST, but it would be great to have you both to make it to the lunch.  Certainly a shorter drive to lunch than the rest of us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

 

I'm surprised you'll be anywhere in Arizona in AUGUST

 

But it's a dry heat!  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Chameleon
1 hour ago, JustinG said:

I would love to come if it is okay. It will be me and my son.

 

Of course!!  :ACE:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...