Trip to Dwarf Car Museum

hiperf406

hiperf406

We took a trip out to Maricopa to the Dwarf Car Museum. It was an eyeopener as I had seen the cars several times at Hot Aug. Nights & was amazed at the

detail in these cars. Everything is made in their work shop from the frame to all the panel for the cars , they use 4 cyl engines out of Japanese cars. The owner Ernie Adams is a very easy person to talk to & is happy to explain the construction process with visitors. They average about one hundred people a day visiting their shop. If you haven't visited them it would be a great trip to see it as a group or singles.

IMG_6999.JPG

IMG_7001.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7009.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

IMG_7004.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG

hiperf406

I'm not sure if they do or not but the 53 Chev is owned by one of the guys that helps around the shop when they are building one.

Cool place! I've seen the cars at Pavillions and they were on the Route 66 trip. It would definitely be a fun group trip.

10 hours ago, German said:

Cool place! I've seen the cars at Pavillions and they were on the Route 66 trip. It would definitely be a fun group trip.

I've seen them at the Pavilions and was just fascinated with the detail!  Didn't know until I saw this thread that there is a museum with more of them in Maricopa. 

I will set up an ACE cruise to go there in the fall, say October or November, once the heat has left for the season. . .

I think they should be called little people cars, I might decide to be offended

Or vertically challenged people. Would definitely be up for the cruise down to visit museum.

Did not know this place existed or the cars for that matter. I don't get out much. I would be very interested in a trip down there also. Looks like a really cool place.

11 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Did not know this place existed or the cars for that matter. I don't get out much. I would be very interested in a trip down there also. Looks like a really cool place.

Are you still stuck working weekends, or do you have a Saturday off now and then? 

As of May 1st I now have Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights off work. I'm "TRYING" those days out to see if I can handle being off with every Tom, Dick and Harry....We'll see how it goes and if it turns out I like them. So yes, I have weekends off now until next January 1st. It only took me 19 years to get there.😤😎

^^^ Excellent!  I am planning to see about setting up this trip for November.

In the meantime, any chance you, Darcie and Grape might make it out to the May lunch?

Possibly, maybe, might be able to. We have plans right now but if they change I'll let you all know.

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis Gage's show My Classic Car on Velocity has a new episode all filed at the Dwarf Car Museum,. They rerun those a lot so check on Velocity. Looks like a fun deal, we should definitely do it.

3 hours ago, German said:

Dennis Gage's show My Classic Car on Velocity has a new episode all filed at the Dwarf Car Museum,. They rerun those a lot so check on Velocity. Looks like a fun deal, we should definitely do it.

I agree!

I talked to the museum last week.  Now I have to figure out cruise and lunch details. 

But, since this won't be until it cools off in the fall, no huge rush just yet. . .