Route 66 Fun Run

German

We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday (May 4, 5, 6, 2018) on the 31st Annual Route 66 Fun Run and had a great time! The run is from Seligman to Topock, in Northern Arizona, along a long stretch of the original Route 66. Additionally, we hit other stretches of Route 66 on the way there, and generally avoided the Interstates to the greatest extent possible on the whole trip up and back - just a solid, old-school Corvette run totalling 630 miles.

I have a lot of pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qTeaaUuTmhoDFntw8 if you're interested in the trip and the scenery. There are a lot of car pictures, but mostly cruising; although there is a huge car show in Kingman, I just took a few pictures there because we were enjoying the day and getting around town more than doing a photo project. The pictures show a lot of the Arizona scenery and if you saw the movie Cars (the Pixar cartoon), it may look familiar to you.

There was several hundred cars on the Fun Run, including dozens of Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, rods, customs, rentals, minivans - just get it down the road! Also, people from Europe, Japan, and all around the USA - what fun! It was great to meet new friends, forum friends, and old friends along the way - think of it as a super long cruise night. We'll definitely be doing it again!

IMG_9659.JPG

IMG_9761.JPG

IMG_9777.JPG

IMG_9793.JPG

IMG_9792.JPG

IMG_9893.JPG

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9987.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

How Kool!!!  Thanks for the pictures.  I can't make the run, as it occurs when I'm In D.C. for Police Week.