May 19th run to Alpine for dinner.

Grey Dude

Grey Dude

We have a run to Alpine California for dinner at Donato's.  This a nice dinner place with a meal served in many courses.

We will meet at the Coffee Bean at 2:45 pm and leave for Alpine at 3:00.

This will be a 2 hr drive with an experienced leader. We will leave for Yuma at 7 ish  arriving back about 9:00.  For those that wish to stay the night see Mike Christensen at 928-726-0612. This run was suggested by Mike and Terry Spring, soon to be members in the A.C.E. movement. As our numbers are down in Yuma we will probably only have 3-4 Vettes in the train.

Chameleon

I know with summer here, half your population has run away to cooler places!

Please update your post with details as soon as you know what you are doing for sure.

Depending on timing, I will try to attend. :driving:

I think I can make this. . .:driving:

ANY OTHER PHOENIX PEEPS WANT TO JOIN ME FOR THE RUN DOWN TO YUMA AND ON TO CALI???

Annie and I will be in CA, Ocean Beach to attend Plastic Fantastic on 20/18.  According to Google, 40 minute drive to Alpine.  Think we will make this, registration does not open until 8:00 AM on Sunday for the show, plenty of time to wipe down the car.  Looks like you are aiming for 5:00 PM.  Must be a really good place if you all are willing to drive two hours to dine.  Are you setting up a reservation or just walk in?  If you would like, PM me your cell #.  Let you know for sure on Saturday.

Chas :thumbs

Actually, I'll be driving about  9 hours round trip from Phoenix. Giving my Vette some exercise.

Yes, I think we are supposed to roll into Alpine 5ish.  

However,  I am not hosting this event, so not sure about reservations for dinner.  Grey Dude (Chuck) from Yuma is hosting so hopefully he will chime in here shortly, or you could send him a PM.

Hope you and Annie can make it. 

PM sent...

We have reservations for 14 more or less we welcome anyone in proper attire (a Corvette). Reservations are in my name but this event was suggested by Terry an Mike Spring. So this is really their event. I'm just the Social director/paperwork guy.

Well I can tell you the draw to Alpine will be the 20 degree cooler temps vs Yuma! :lol

3 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Well I can tell you the draw to Alpine will be the 20 degree cooler temps vs Yuma! :lol

It's an Italian restaurant.  For you, the draw is they have WINE.  How long since you took your Vette out on the highway?  You should come along. . . :P 

Qwizz! Who can tell me for a glass of their favorite bubbly....During WW 2 how many sheets of toilet paper per day was issued to the following troops? The average American foot soldier?    And the common French soldier? 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about the French, but the British got 3 sheets per day....one up, one down and one to polish!  The Americans received 22 per day.

Your right, the French got 8 sheets, the British got three sheets and our boys were doing it right with 22. News paper can by rough.