Replacing C5 LED Tail Light Bulbs

Grape Ape

Grape Ape

Well, got my light back today, AGAIN....FOR THE 3RD TIME....put the damn thing right back into the box and sent it back....AGAIN...This is getting so F**KN frustrating it isn't funny. I refuse to pay him again to fix what he should have fixed. I included a description in the email we have going and I printed out what needed to be done and put that printout in the damn box. How much else could I have done to make sure he got it right this time???? How much tunnel vision is involved to repair 1 thing and then send it back to the customer without checking EVERYTHING before boxing it up?????? I am so F*#&&#&@G pissed about this. I really wish I had the parts to fix this myself. Then I know what the quality control would be like.

Forgot to tell you that he fixed the burned out LED's but "forgot" to fix the connector. HE HAD WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS....

Done ranting.....sorry. Back to your regular programming.

That video is funny, Gary & Commish. At least I got a laugh out of that.

• Like 1

dwdrummer

sorry to hear about the B.S. that you're going through.  common sense is going by the wayside anymore.  outta almost as if you need to bee on the phone with them while they are "fixing" them.

10 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Well, got my light back today, AGAIN....FOR THE 3RD TIME....put the damn thing right back into the box and sent it back....AGAIN...This is getting so F**KN frustrating it isn't funny. I refuse to pay him again to fix what he should have fixed. I included a description in the email we have going and I printed out what needed to be done and put that printout in the damn box. How much else could I have done to make sure he got it right this time???? How much tunnel vision is involved to repair 1 thing and then send it back to the customer without checking EVERYTHING before boxing it up?????? I am so F*#&&#&@G pissed about this. I really wish I had the parts to fix this myself. Then I know what the quality control would be like.

Forgot to tell you that he fixed the burned out LED's but "forgot" to fix the connector. HE HAD WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS....

Done ranting.....sorry. Back to your regular programming.

That video is funny, Gary & Commish. At least I got a laugh out of that.

That was the intent Mark, wasn't trying to poo poo all over your woes.  Just a question, is the overall look of these LED lights you're after or just having LED lamps in it.  I know they make a  LED lamp to go into a standard socket.  You still need the resistor or you get the hyperflash

Grape Ape

I agree with that Curt. Pretty sad. The lights I have on my car are the Halo edition LED's that also have the sequencing mode done to them. Not many people have this light setup. That's the reason I'd like to have them back on the car. Believe me, if they weren't made like they are I'd be all over the bulbs Ted posted about. I'm very tempted to sell these damn things and go that route. I know that when I get it back I will most likely keep them but we'll see. I haven't heard a word from him since I told him I'm sending it back and I'm not paying for it. We'll see if he does fix it or I have to jump all over him on thr national forum. I'll keep you all updated if I ever heard from him.

Chameleon

Good grief!  Sorry to hear all the nonsense you are dealing with.  Hope the next time is the LAST time!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone...😉😁...THIS FIASCO IS FRIKIN' OVER.....YAAAAAAA!!!!

Got the tail light back from him yesterday and did my little bench test on it and it all worked. All the LED's are finally working along with the connector being fixed. I couldn't wait until the weekend so I installed them when I got home from work this morning and they work great again. I really love the way they look and operate. I would hate to have to go with another light if I couldn't get them working properly.

This picture is during the daylight obviously so it's kind of hard to make out the halo part. This is also with the brake lights on, the blinker would be hard to capture as they sequence from inboard to outboard. The outboard one is the one that was fixed. It kinda scared me at first because the ground on the one he fixed the connector on has a different way of getting it's ground. It use to get it from the car socket but now it gets it through the other light. I had to connect the inboard and outboard together with the other wire bundle on the lights that makes the sequencing work. I was getting a little upset because the halo didn't light up without that connection being made. I'm a happy camper again. Have a great day, I'm heading to bed....

219729867_C5CorvetteLEDHaloLights-05-15-2018.thumb.jpg.ef47c13e9f5c66b081c84a37ee8b3782.jpg

• Like 1

Very happy. And it only took 2 MONTHS to get it right....wow, I can finally get some good sleep again...😴😀