Active Handling kicking in

Azmotorhead

Azmotorhead

Recently I've had tthe issue of Active handling kicking in. Had 2funny come over and hook up his Tech II. Showed a couple of issues but no failed sensors.

Decided to dive in(work on my own stuff instead of somebody elses) and replace the Steering position sensor.

What i found will shock you.

I've owned this car since 2011 with only 6k on it now it has nearly 36k. No work has ever been done on the column.

Bearing will not just pop out There is no way it can come out of the retainer on its own.

Factory never installed it correctly

Bromley's Corvettes

Scary and makes you wonder how many others out there like that. 

Well that`s like some major crazy stuff there. Glad you found it now and not on the track. 

Azmotorhead
12 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Well that`s like some major crazy stuff there. Glad you found it now and not on the track. 

Or the Devils Hiway run this weekend

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Azmotorhead said:

Or the Devils Hiway run this weekend

I was just thinking about how many times you have made the Devil's Highway run with that being loose. Scary. 

Geesh was it installed at 4:59 pm on Friday of a holiday weekend by GM? Not impressed with a serious safety issue glad you found it in time Phil. Scary 

Relax, my old man is television repairman, he has an ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it........

Just trying to add some levity, sorry to hear about your woes.  Hope you get is resolved soon