My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

1 hour ago, SLAMMER said:

That was my take on it too. The chief mechanic only told me that as I was driving him around. I wouldn’t have known it had I not insisted on taking him for a drive. 

I said did you hear all that constant pinging?  He told me he is partially deaf from being in the shop for years. Lol 

Ugh....

So crazy to hear all that B.S.  

I too only let Ed at Coulter touch my C6 as GM would not give me the parts for warranty work needed on the hatch hinges.

I don’t trust anyone to do the work the way I would....Sometimes being a mech can be a curse that way...

Is Ed on this board?  I called Coulter to see if I could talk to him this eve and they gave me to someone who told me to bring it in and ask for this guy. 

I don’t want to take it in to just anyone, especially since it’s far from me. 

53 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Is Ed on this board?  I called Coulter to see if I could talk to him this eve and they gave me to someone who told me to bring it in and ask for this guy. 

I don’t want to take it in to just anyone, especially since it’s far from me. 

Ed Stralko is an ACE member but I don't know how often he is on here.  He's not a mechanic, he was the assistant service manager and then got promoted to some other position but last I knew he was still at Coulter.  He's been there 20+ years.  I have had several of my Vettes to Coulter, and Ed always made sure things were done correctly. 

You can try sending him a PM on here.  His ACE name is: 1EVILC6.

• Like 1

Hard to believe Van is #11 in sales of Corvettes nationally when they seem to piss off a lot of existing owners.

I’m with the others, trade it off!

2 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Hard to believe Van is #11 in sales of Corvettes nationally when they seem to piss off a lot of existing owners.

I’m with the others, trade it off!

I didn’t know they upset others. I certainly wouldn’t buy any car there after this. 

I am so fond of my red seats. Truth be known, they’re hard to part with.  We’ve also been busy with the garage and other things, I half heartedly looked and found nothing in the colors I liked. I’ll keep looking. Something has to pop out at me. 

9 hours ago, aenigma said:

I didn’t know they upset others. I certainly wouldn’t buy any car there after this. 

Van's service writer told me I needed to change ALL the fluids in my Vette without asking a single question about the car, and further advised me that the tires needed to be rotated.    :crazy    Canceled the appointment, and would never go to Van's for anything. 

• Haha 1

Shakti Vette

I am so fond of my red seats. Truth be known, they’re hard to part with.  We’ve also been busy with the garage and other things, I half heartedly looked and found nothing in the colors I liked. I’ll keep looking. Something has to pop out at me. 

Mo,

You can go to Chevrolet.com build your own Vette put the red seats in the car you build it is an option. Time for a GS.........:bounce015:

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette-grand-sport-sports-car/build-and-price/config?returnUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.chevrolet.com%2Fperformance%2Fcorvette-grand-sport-sports-car

1 hour ago, Shakti Vette said:

Mo,

You can go to Chevrolet.com build your own Vette put the red seats in the car you build it is an option. Time for a GS.........:bounce015:

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette-grand-sport-sports-car/build-and-price/config?returnUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.chevrolet.com%2Fperformance%2Fcorvette-grand-sport-sports-car

No way - I started looking again last night. Those are EXPENSIVE. I did see a really hot one for sale - grey with black wheels and red seats. Out of my price range but I enjoyed looking at the pictures. A LOT. 

There are 2019s for 53k advertised. If I build one, I don’t get the lowered pricing I think. 

Plus just knowing im going to have to deal with the trade in fiasco with salesmen makes me want to wait until I have my battle attitude on. 😂

87F2D327-856C-40D3-B2AD-F7A2DE7F9CA8.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shakti Vette said:

That is a Beauty...👍😎

Oh the dream of it all. It’s smashingly delightful. One can look. 😁

Just something to try for the pinging. Run your fuel down to about 2 gallons. Then add a half can (16oz) of Torco and 6 more gallons of 91 octane. That'll bump the octane to 95-96. If the pinging stops, then you know what fixes it.

I'd be selling the Vette and buying a SUV, since those are easy to sell or use for a trade-in when you find what else you really want. You need to get a financial placeholder while you wait for the ideal replacement to appear. It's out there someplace, just waiting for you.

Shakti Vette

Here is what I would do. If tranny issues are fixed, and all that is left is the pinging issue, and you really want to keep the car.  First I would run it down to almost empty, go to the Loves Truck Stop across from Wild Horse Motor Park and put some 100 octane unleaded fuel in it they sell it at the pump.

If the pinging issue goes away we know it is fuel being the issue.

Then to fix pinging issue I would take it to a shop with a dyno have them tune it and find out what cylinder or cylinders are causing the issue. Jeff with the white C6 had his car tuned and they found one cylinder that was pinging and they retarted the timing in the one that was having an issue, no more pinging.

All comes down to car needs to be tuned and Chevy dealerships can not do it nor do they have the means to.

🚘👍😎

I believe that what Sand's Chevrolet Service Department out here said was as long as mods did not increase HP enough to break the car tunning does not affect warranty. Also for emissions she should be a 5 year car at that point as long as tune is not burned in it can be reflashed back to stock.

If a concern talk Chevy service department..

Jeff's Vette is still under warranty.

Remember you are fixing a problem not adding 300hp. 😁

insatiableOne

Sad to read this book full'o post. 

Had a terrible expierience here at Chapman Tucson fixing some major rock damage off of a truck from road construction, two cars ago. They treated my vehicle like a trashcan. Got it back with a major grease smeared hand print across the drivers door panel. Glass shards still on the dash. A razor blade on the passenger floor mat, accompanied with winsheild trim and various sharp metal pieces. Dirty seats.. a sandwich bag in my console that had potato chip left overs still in. The interior completely covered in sanding debris. The service manager drove it up and handed me the keys. 

edit: I don't eat in my car, positively don't expect a tech to either. 

As I fumed up more and more, called in after I had taken pictures & detailed the car. They blew it off, but then harassed me saying we're sorry / with different people. Asking me to come in and make it right. Said nope if I do will just choke somebody out. 

Never again let Chapman Tucson touch my car. Why I can screw it up less than them.

Watson Chevrolet, you saw the hack job wiring they did. Blew a door speaker, and scratched the sill plate on my C6 with barely 14k on it. 

I’m guessing to many techs and managers it’s only a piece of metal.  They may have never cleaned or waxed a car in their life. Their own car may be a just a “people mover” filled with empty pop cans and burger wrappers.  No doubt it’s hard for them to worry over small details or fingerprints.   

The hiring check list in my first job after college was to go outside and look at the vehicle the applicant was driving.  That is a reflection of how they will treat company     vehicles and property as well as the customers project.

In a perfect world there would be many applicants to choose from.

I’ve had the same type of thing go on. The projects we’ve been doing in the last few months have called for different subs. I’ve picked up more empty soda cans, wrappers from lunch, cigarette butts, etc from the yards every time a sub left. I get so angry at the lack of respect just about all of them have for others property.  

• Like 1

I’ve picked up more empty soda cans, wrappers from lunch, cigarette butts, etc from the yards every time a sub left. I get so angry at the lack of respect just about all of them have for others property.  

DONT GET DONNA STARTED!!!

There is no reason not to pick up after yourself. It’s the generals job to enforce a clean and orderly job site. 

JUST NO PRIDE IN WORKMANSHIP IT SEEMS. 

SLAMMER😎

1 hour ago, SLAMMER said:

DONT GET DONNA STARTED!!!

There is no reason not to pick up after yourself. It’s the generals job to enforce a clean and orderly job site. 

JUST NO PRIDE IN WORKMANSHIP IT SEEMS. 

SLAMMER😎

ARGH!!!!!  :cuss  Cigarette butts, soda cans, half-eaten sandwiches, chip bags, candy wrappers, shrimp peelings, GAG!  Worse than pigs!!! :cuss  

I presented the general contractor with a bag of garbage I had picked up out of the yard.  Nothing like a "visual aid" to get the point across.  Didn't happen again after that. 

End of :hijack:

9 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

"I presented the contractor with a bag of garbage"

Just a bag? :rolleyes

Try one of several. :ack

flood & drainage 001.JPG

Eek!  I’ve been so insulted as I’m sure you were. Last I checked, I was not hired to be the clean up crew. I hired and paid for a job. That includes cleaning and then presentation of the finished product. 

There is so much talk about lack of pride of our younger generation’s work ethic, but apparently it’s in all ages. 

44 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Eek!  I’ve been so insulted as I’m sure you were. Last I checked, I was not hired to be the clean up crew. I hired and paid for a job. That includes cleaning and then presentation of the finished product. 

There is so much talk about lack of pride of our younger generation’s work ethic, but apparently it’s in all ages. 

Sorry lady, I was busy texting my next girlfriend and next thing I knew the truck was leaving and I hopped on!  Don't worry the straw is biodegradable in a couple of decades, the other papers will blow over on your neighbors yard so no worries!!!

21 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Sorry lady, I was busy texting my next girlfriend and next thing I knew the truck was leaving and I hopped on!  Don't worry the straw is biodegradable in a couple of decades, the other papers will blow over on your neighbors yard so no worries!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

of course you have to wonder what their homes look like if they can’t even pick up on the job when they’re trying to impress. 

53 minutes ago, aenigma said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

of course you have to wonder what their homes look like if they can’t even pick up on the job when they’re trying to impress. 

But you have driven by there homes.  Look at any home with a pickup truck and ladder(s) on top.  Now granted they are probably tired out from working on your home and don't get around to working on their home often........ but I know where a few builders live around here (MN) and one guy has a top end home with a16 car garage (2 levels, 4 wide double deep) and sells his restored Boss Mustangs at Barrett-Jackson for $200,000 a pop. You won't find and trash blowing past his place!

16 car.jpg