aenigma

My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

Extender32

When I bought my 2006 GTO, a week to the day, the check engine light came on.  Took it to the dealer, they scanned for codes, found none and reset the ECM.  About 2 weeks later, same issue, this time it was fuel in the canister. They replaced the canister and problem solved for a while.  Then the rear bumper cover came loose, back to the dealer and a week later new painted bumper cover.  Then the fuel pump quit and left me stranded for 5 hrs while I waited for a tow truck.  Dealer said it was a blown fuse for the pump.  Replaced fuse and on my way home, car went into limp mode and then shut off.  I was less than a mile from the dealer.  Car towed back to dealer, this time they replace the fuel pump.  Then the rear main seal (LS2) started to leak, replaced seal, then the coolant recovery tank cracked.  This was all in the first 3 months of ownership.  I contacted a lemon law lawyer, told him I wanted GM to buy the car back and I emailed all the RO's to him.  He worked directly with GM; however, GM refused to buy the car back but they did offer me a settlement of $7500.  I accepted their offer, the lawyer kept $1500 and no further issues with the GTO for another 3.5 yrs until I traded the GTO for a new CTS-V.  The point being, let your lawyer work directly with GM and you won't have to worry about going to court.

aenigma
7 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

When I bought my 2006 GTO, a week to the day, the check engine light came on.  Took it to the dealer, they scanned for codes, found none and reset the ECM.  About 2 weeks later, same issue, this time it was fuel in the canister. They replaced the canister and problem solved for a while.  Then the rear bumper cover came loose, back to the dealer and a week later new painted bumper cover.  Then the fuel pump quit and left me stranded for 5 hrs while I waited for a tow truck.  Dealer said it was a blown fuse for the pump.  Replaced fuse and on my way home, car went into limp mode and then shut off.  I was less than a mile from the dealer.  Car towed back to dealer, this time they replace the fuel pump.  Then the rear main seal (LS2) started to leak, replaced seal, then the coolant recovery tank cracked.  This was all in the first 3 months of ownership.  I contacted a lemon law lawyer, told him I wanted GM to buy the car back and I emailed all the RO's to him.  He worked directly with GM; however, GM refused to buy the car back but they did offer me a settlement of $7500.  I accepted their offer, the lawyer kept $1500 and no further issues with the GTO for another 3.5 yrs until I traded the GTO for a new CTS-V.  The point being, let your lawyer work directly with GM and you won't have to worry about going to court.

Wow, you had to be ready to lose it. That’s a lemon for sure.  

Its sad that a lawyer has to be involved. In the perfect world, GM should have clearly seen by your records what you were going through and take care of you. I can’t inagine dealing with that much and then having to strong arm them to do anything about it.  I’m really happy we have a lemon law. 

Extender32
22 hours ago, aenigma said:

Wow, you had to be ready to lose it. That’s a lemon for sure.  

Its sad that a lawyer has to be involved. In the perfect world, GM should have clearly seen by your records what you were going through and take care of you. I can’t inagine dealing with that much and then having to strong arm them to do anything about it.  I’m really happy we have a lemon law. 

Once I got a lemon law lawyer, things went pretty quick, about 3 weeks to reach a settlement.  The only thing that made the entire ordeal bearable; my dealership took real good care of me with great service and a car to drive.  In fact, this same dealership is the only dealership that I will let touch my vette for regular service.

aenigma
1 hour ago, JohnU said:

Got a color picked out yet?

I was advised i can no longer discuss this subject. For awhile. 😂