My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

Chameleon

Wow - this could be a case study on how NOT to provide customer service. . .

You better not be driving a truck to the lunch you are hosting on May 26th!  :huh

13 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Wow - this could be a case study on how NOT to provide customer service. . .

You better not be driving a truck to the lunch you are hosting on May 26th!  :huh

LOL I know!!  

I dunno. All those vettes together at one time. I can hardly handle seeing one at a time on the road without getting jealous. 

I left my gate and garage remotes in my vette so not only am I living with this truck, but having to get out and push buttons....

😂

Chameleon
4 hours ago, aenigma said:

I left my gate and garage remotes in my vette so not only am I living with this truck, but having to get out and push buttons....

😂

WHAT???  NO!!!!   

I would be down at the dealer retrieving ALL remotes!  HAND 'EM OVER!!!  :fastdraw:

Shakti Vette

My input on the pinging. Has the car done it from day one, as we all know the gas in Phx Arizona is terrible they add mtbe and it is poor quality all around we all know the pinging comes from too much timing or poor quality of fuel have you tried any additives, any success with additives? 

I run this in our Vette all the time, or Lucas brand runs great and no pinging.

Resized_20170924_091446.jpeg

Shakti, I’ll try that, thank you!  

Truth be known, I’m having a bit of fun continuing to ask them about the ping. Much like I continue to ask when they’re sending my month’s car payment reimbursement. 

The ping is very noticeable. I’ve had pings on other cars, this one is over the top. 

3 hours ago, Chameleon said:

WHAT???  NO!!!!   

I would be down at the dealer retrieving ALL remotes!  HAND 'EM OVER!!!  :fastdraw:

I KNOW!!  

Spoiled girl problems and all.....

I’m not kidding you. This just happened. My Chapman rep Chris called and said they’re putting in the part tomorrow so maybe Thursday or Friday I’ll have my car back. There’s half a chance it might not work (only my thought, they are remaining positive it’ll fix it). I asked him once again  if they’ve addressed the ping yet 😃

he said they’ll check the computer system to see if it’s a computer issue. 

He then SERIOUSLY asks me to send him my car payment bill so they can send me a check for my car payment. Apparently GM reviewed my half serious half joking request and decided to give me a check for $888.85. 

So......now this being said......the truck is now ok to drive and may they keep the Vette for another month so they can pay next months too. We’re busy paying for our garage to be built. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Shakti Vette said:

My input on the pinging. Has the car done it from day one, as we all know the gas in Phx Arizona is terrible they add mtbe and it is poor quality all around we all know the pinging comes from too much timing or poor quality of fuel have you tried any additives, any success with additives? 

I run this in our Vette all the time, or Lucas brand runs great and no pinging.

Resized_20170924_091446.jpeg

You're a little behind the times, since MTBE has been banned in AZ since 2005.

Just to be accurate, octane numbers over 87 reduce the rate of burn in the process of reducing knock. You can also decrease the spark advance to do the same thing. However, if you choose to increase the octane number to avoid knock, be sure to calculate the quantity to be used with the number of gallons of 87 or 89 or 91 octane already in your tank and what you will add in the future. Failure to control the ratio desired, will either cause continued knocking or a reduction in power resulting from a slower than needed burn. The first step should be doing a scan to determine when and when knock occurs. Only then can you start to change your fuel requirements to eliminate the knock. It's not rocket science, but you can't treat it lightly either.

Be aware that some octane boosters leave orange deposits on spark plugs and will coat and plug cats.

Chameleon
18 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’m not kidding you. This just happened. My Chapman rep Chris called and said they’re putting in the part tomorrow so maybe Thursday or Friday I’ll have my car back. There’s half a chance it might not work (only my thought, they are remaining positive it’ll fix it). I asked him once again  if they’ve addressed the ping yet 😃

He then SERIOUSLY asks me to send him my car payment bill so they can send me a check for my car payment. Apparently GM reviewed my half serious half joking request and decided to give me a check for $888.85. 

So......now this being said......the truck is now ok to drive and may they keep the Vette for another month so they can pay next months too. We’re busy paying for our garage to be built. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

^^^ AWESOME!  :woohoo:  Happy for you!  

scottcolbath
On 5/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, aenigma said:

We’re at day 24. 

Today the dealership called me and said the valve body will be in tomorrow so they’ll start installing it then. 

I keep bringing up the ping every time, they act like it’s the first time I’m bringing it up. They say they’ll look into it each time. 

It was listed in the original repair intake form, so they can’t ignore it.  30 days is 30 days. 

Once the valve body is in, if it doesn’t correct the problem, the transmission being replaced is the only other way to go. 

I’m still driving the damned truck. I’ve been taking pictures of c7s on the road. They look better and better the longer I don’t have mine. 

Im really really tired of this. 

I'm sorry you're going through this.

It makes me wonder how maintainable these cars will be once they are long out of warranty, and your average shade tree mechanic starts picking them up. Maybe those days are over, as of the C7. It seems problems and resolutions are becoming more complicated as the cars progress and become more technical/capable.

S.C.

scottcolbath
On 5/8/2018 at 8:46 AM, aenigma said:

LOL I know!!  

I dunno. All those vettes together at one time. I can hardly handle seeing one at a time on the road without getting jealous. 

😂

y5su1.jpg

S.C.

scottcolbath
On 5/8/2018 at 6:16 PM, aenigma said:

May as well continue with the pics........

via-9gag-com-9545535.png

S.C.

27 minutes ago, scottcolbath said:

I'm sorry you're going through this.

It makes me wonder how maintainable these cars will be once they are long out of warranty, and your average shade tree mechanic starts picking them up. Maybe those days are over, as of the C7. It seems problems and resolutions are becoming more complicated as the cars progress and become more technical/capable.

S.C.

I do worry about that too. I’ve decided I’m going to get an extended warranty once mine goes out. I’ve never gotten one before but after all of this.....

i loved the pics!  Haha

10 hours ago, aenigma said:

I do worry about that too. I’ve decided I’m going to get an extended warranty once mine goes out. I’ve never gotten one before but after all of this.....

i loved the pics!  Haha

Denny Menholt Chev is the discount warranty guys for a GM extended warranty.

Dennis is the contact. 

dfichtner@dennymenholt.com 

i added 84 months when my factory 3 yr warranty was 2 months from ending.

2 hours ago, JohnU said:

Denny Menholt Chev is the discount warranty guys for a GM extended warranty.

Dennis is the contact. 

dfichtner@dennymenholt.com 

i added 84 months when my factory 3 yr warranty was 2 months from ending.

^^^Yes this guy! ^^^

1 hour ago, P51tj said:

^^^Yes this guy! ^^^

1 hour ago, P51tj said:

^^^Yes this guy! ^^^

1 hour ago, P51tj said:

^^^Yes this guy! ^^^

My only issue is how GM’s customer service has been. Had I not lucked out with an excellent service advisor Chris at Chapman who has had my back this entire month, I feel like I would’ve been sunk. He’s the one who kept saying hey this is unacceptable, we need to try something else. 

Day 28 and guess who has no car still. 

1 hour ago, P51tj said:

^^^Yes this guy! ^^^

What was your price? 

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

Day 28 and guess who has no car still. 

Two days to lemonville...

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

What was your price? 

If memory serves right it was about 1100.00 for 4 years and 72 or 84k.

Just a thought but I had a brand new Expedition that lost the tranny in less than 1000 miles. They replaced right away but I went to Ford and told them I believed it was a lemon and wanted them to give me an extended warranty no charge. If it wasn’t a lemon it wouldn’t cost them a dime. They denied at first but said I was going to take it to the next level,mediation or whatever it’s called and they decided to give it to me. Doesn’t cost anything to ask and good luck. 

• Upvote 1

My advisor told me yesterday that they had the part in, would try it first thing this morning, make sure all is good, detail it and call me. No call. 

The lemon law atty called me this eve and let me know at 28 days, there’s a case but definitely 30 days the burden of proof switches to GM. 

I heard nothing from my advisor today so I called at 5:30. He wasn’t available so I had someone find out how my car is. He said it’s with the tech. Which means the fix didn’t work. 

Thank you for letting me vent on here. I know that having a vette is a luxury, and I should (we all should) feel blessed to afford fun vehicles that others never will have. I’ve felt like I shouldn’t complain, I should just continue to feel blessed that I am afforded this problem. 

But at the same time, I feel like I should have my vehicle back by now. 

Buy back time and then get another.  35,000 trouble free miles on mine.  Only a few are bad.  Your luck is due to be rewarded!

42 minutes ago, Dakotaz said:

Just a thought but I had a brand new Expidition that lost the tranny in less than 1000 miles. They replaced right away but I went to Ford and told them I believed it was a lemon and wanted them to give me an extended warranty no charge. If it wasn’t a lemon it wouldn’t cost them a dime. They denied at first but said I was going to take it to the next level,mediation or whatever it’s called and they decided to give it to me. Doesn’t cost anything to ask and good luck. 

Very good idea by the way. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Buy back time and then get another.  35,000 trouble free miles on mine.  Only a few are bad.  Your luck is due to be rewarded!

They better find one with red seats. I’ve grown to love that part of my vette the most! 

Extender32
34 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Very good idea by the way. Thank you. 

They better find one with red seats. I’ve grown to love that part of my vette the most! 

What good are red seats if your car don't run?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Extender32 said:

What good are red seats if your car don't run?

Small detail.   If you like the seats..... the rest is easy!

• Upvote 1