My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

44 minutes ago, Two Fangs said:

What you need is a really good diagnostic guy.

I wish I knew one, honestly.

Sounds like they are working with TAC (remember that) on a fix.

Lurching doesn't really tell me much, can you describe it further and when it happens?

The problem is GM won’t authorize the dealer to take it apart. 

The lurch happens when I put it in reverse. And it downshifts wrong while driving. 

When I put it in reverse though, sometimes it lurches so bad that if I don’t have my foot firmly pushed on the brake, the car is going to fly backwards. I have to fight it to keep it in  place.  While it’s lurching, my gauges go crazy.  I’m sure the transmission has to be worn by this point.  When it’s full throttle, it’s fine. 

The engine also pings. They haven’t even started addressing that yet and don’t seem like they want to. 

Mo, I'm reading thru this and find this is very disheartening. For some of us, a C7 is a dream car. This has me re-thinking my dream. 

Sorry you guys are going thru this. :ahhhh:

Now I’m mad. I called GM again and my file was assigned to a senior advisor. She said give them 24-48 hours to call the dealership customer relationship dept. I said THEY ARE THE ONES TRYING TO HELP!  Call your own company because they’re the ones who are messing around not authorizing the transmission to be pulled out!!  The dealership is as frustrated as me! 

She said they don’t deal with GM authorization dept, only the dealership. So I asked her why I bothered contacting GM then!!  She can’t even access GM authorization dept notes. 

So another 2 days for GM to call the dealership and ask them why they’re not doing their job keeping me happy while my car sits not repaired because of GM. 

My service guy called me right after that saying now GM wants a snapshot of what’s happening so he sent it to them and now waiting. He said he wishes they’d let them pull the transmission but they won’t. I also told him I want the ping addressed and if this car isn’t fixed, I’m bringing it back 3 times and going after GM for the lemon laws for the ping and transmission. He agreed. 

BlackC6, to answer your post, the advisor told me today he has a c7 there now also because the car won’t even shift into gear. I told him I’m sure that’s where mine was headed with how bad it was getting, he agreed that probably was going to be the end result untreated.  I’m assuming the c7s have transmission issues. 

57 minutes ago, Ted Y said:

Mo, what do you mean when you say it downshifts wrong while driving?

When slowing down, the car bucks. Not near like when I put it into reverse. But picture being on a horse while driving and it slows down quickly.  Your head bobs back and forth. It happens I think when automatically downshifting from 3rd to second or second to 1st. I haven’t paid that much attention because of the other issues, but that’s my best description of it. 

Time to hook up a GoPro camera for some footage to show the arbitrator when you get to that point.

The part where the gauges go crazy is very interesting. Do the gauges go dead, max out? Just swing wildly? What data display do you have on the gauge screen? And in that data display, what gauges do you have displayed?  Any warning lights go on and off when this happens?

22 hours ago, BlackC6 said:

Mo, I'm reading thru this and find this is very disheartening. For some of us, a C7 is a dream car. This has me re-thinking my dream. 

Sorry you guys are going thru this. :ahhhh:

Don't give up on your dream.  Mine has been been an angel!

Relax, my old man is television repairman, he has an ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it........

Just trying to add some levity, sorry to hear about your woes.  Hope you get is resolved soon  :thumbs

• Thanks 1

Well, I’m currently on a plane headed to San Francisco until next Wednesday. I’m not happy my car is sitting outside somewhere at the dealer. But nothing I can do now. 

Two Fangs, everything on the dash swing wildly. It’s crazy. I don’t notice warning lights because it happens so quick along with the lurch. I’m too busy trying to keep my car in place to concentrate on the dash. 

Many years ago, there was a plumber from LA on the Tonight Show, aka Johnny Carson, who had bought a new Lincoln MK III. It had so many problems and spent most of the first 3 months at the dealer doing repairs. It was so far out that Carson invited him to tell his story on TV. The plumber got so frustrated, he set fire to the car after driving it onto the lawn at Ford's LA headquarters. He said that 5 gallon can of gas he dumped on/in the car was the best money he spent. I've searched for the episode in vain, but if you could find it, it's hilarious.

I'm not suggesting you try that, but maybe a big sign on the car parked at 2900 West Geronimo Place, Chandler, AZ 85224, in the HC spot just left of the main entrance to the GM  Arizona IT Innovation Center, just might light someone's fire. Especially in concert with 3TV On Your Side. If you take Joyce along, she just might forget to take her HC card from the mirror. :lol

3 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Many years ago, there was a plumber from LA on the Tonight Show, aka Johnny Carson, who had bought a new Lincoln MK III. It had so many problems and spent most of the first 3 months at the dealer doing repairs. It was so far out that Carson invited him to tell his story on TV. The plumber got so frustrated, he set fire to the car after driving it onto the lawn at Ford's LA headquarters. He said that 5 gallon can of gas he dumped on/in the car was the best money he spent. I've searched for the episode in vain, but if you could find it, it's hilarious.

I'm not suggesting you try that, but maybe a big sign on the car parked at 2900 West Geronimo Place, Chandler, AZ 85224, in the HC spot just left of the main entrance to the GM  Arizona IT Innovation Center, just might light someone's fire. Especially in concert with 3TV On Your Side. If you take Joyce along, she just might forget to take her HC card from the mirror. :lol

You’re as bad for me as Donna is right now. 😂

Good news. The very kind and patient Chapman rep called me just now. GM gave them authorization to pull the valve body out. Baby steps. They’re assuming the transmission is going to be replaced or rebuilt once they get back to GM with their findings.  The tech thinks there’s debris from a leak.  DUH - they should’ve done that day one. I’m probably looking at another 2 weeks at best as long as GM continues to authorize repairs. 

I asked my rep how long the other c7 (z06) has been there. He told me as of today he’s been there 5 days longer than mine. Eek. 

They’re still concentrating on the transmission and haven’t started to address the ping yet. 

17 days and nothing. GM only calls the dealership and lets me know what the status is after finding out from them. The dealership already calls me to let me know. GM lets me know 2 days later than them. 

GM customer relations doesn’t call GM repair group. 

Ridiculous. 

I don’t love any car this much. 

Have you posted on Corvette Forum yet?  There are GM Customer Service Reps that monitor that site.  It cannot hurt to "squeek" a little over there.

• Upvote 1

SixAddict

Looking on Corvette forum under C7 general discussion, seems to be a lot of A8 issues with the torque converters having to be replaced due to issues. Good luck with yours, this is crazy to have to wait and go through this so long......

15 hours ago, JohnU said:

Have you posted on Corvette Forum yet?  There are GM Customer Service Reps that monitor that site.  It cannot hurt to "squeek" a little over there.

Thank you. I found it.  I’ll go over there and bait them a little with my subject line. 😂

Day 22: GM decided they’re going to replace my valve body - they should’ve come to this conclusion 3 weeks ago.  But they say one manual tells them a certain part needs to be used, and another manual says not to use that part. Don’t ask me what part it is, I was half listening because I’m really tired of it at this point. They said as soon as they figure out what part, they need to order it and it’ll be another week. That gives me faith - they have a 50% chance of choosing the right part. 

I asked them if they addressed the ping, they said they’re starting to talk about it and it could be a computer thing. 

I did chat with a lemon law attorney. It’s not that hard to declare a lemon. You have to have your car 24,000 miles or 2 years, whatever comes less. The car must’ve been in repair for the same issue 30 total days during that time OR at least 4 separate times for the same issue. Then you have to warn the manufacturer in writing. Then you have a case. 

I’m going to remain diligent about making sure this car’s issues are fixed right. 

22 days driving a truck. I jumped in Lonnie’s Vette yesterday while he was out, and I drove it around for errands. I forgot how enjoyable vettes are to drive. 

Chameleon

Sounds like you may reach that "30 days" point with this one repair.  :ack:  

Glad you got a brief Corvette fix with Lonnie's Vette!  :thumbs

On 5/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, Chameleon said:

Sounds like you may reach that "30 days" point with this one repair.  :ack:  

Glad you got a brief Corvette fix with Lonnie's Vette!  :thumbs

Yep. So if they don’t get it right this first time, the next time I will be able to take action. The attorney called me yesterday to see how it’s going.  

What's new?  Your fans on Corvette Forum are wanting to know too! 

• Like 1

We’re at day 24. 

Today the dealership called me and said the valve body will be in tomorrow so they’ll start installing it then. 

I keep bringing up the ping every time, they act like it’s the first time I’m bringing it up. They say they’ll look into it each time. 

It was listed in the original repair intake form, so they can’t ignore it.  30 days is 30 days. 

Once the valve body is in, if it doesn’t correct the problem, the transmission being replaced is the only other way to go. 

I’m still driving the damned truck. I’ve been taking pictures of c7s on the road. They look better and better the longer I don’t have mine. 

Im really really tired of this. 

6 days to perform a miracle!  Are they up to it..... we'll see. Good Luck!!!!!