My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

It was bad enough the rear end of the first c7 had busted.  I owned that car for a total of a week.  

Notice how the c in the c7 is not capitalized. Because I’m losing respect for them quickly. 

My new c7.... 

1. ping in the engine. 

2. It lurches. It’s been lurching for months. But it got so bad last week, I made an appointment to take it in. I don’t have time for all of that but made time. 

It lurched so bad at one point last week that if I didn’t have the brake pedal so far down, the car and I would’ve been sent straight into tomorrow. 

I dropped it off saturday morning and they gave me a frickin Colorado to drive.  They let me know I can’t leave the state with the Colorado, don’t tow or haul anything and don’t drive more than 200 miles. FAT chance. I do not want to be in their Colorado as it is. I’m hoping not to drive it at all and if I was interested in towing or hauling crap, I wouldn’t own a Vette in the first place. They’re so proud of their truck. Ick. 

Today at 5:30pm, the advisor called me to say that all abnormalities such as mine need to be reported to Chevy and he just wanted to let me know they’ll be giving me status updates as they go.  He couldn’t be more vague and nervous about it. 

So I’m guessing a new engine coupled with a new transmission?  I dunno. All I know is I’m a Vette owner driving a Colorado while paying a crapload of payments every month to not drive it. 

I’ve owned 5 vettes now and they’ve all been pains in the ass. 

Rant over. 

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’ve owned 5 vettes now and they’ve all been pains in the ass. 

Rant over. 

Damm, If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!!!

0-5 is a pretty bad track record.  Hopefully the "magic-wand" will finally bring you a C7 worthy of it's name!!!

That sucks!  Sorry to hear you are now having drama with this C7 after all the crap with the previous one. 

. . . maybe teh C3 should become your daily driver. . .  :bolt:

You are not the first C7 owner that has complained about there car doing weird shit. I've had mine for almost 5 yrs and not a single issue with my C6.

I heard from the service advisor tonight. He said they are doing a fast relearn. I asked what is wrong with my car, he said nothing is wrong, just a fast relearn needs to be done. 

What the hell is that? 

44 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

You are not the first C7 owner that has complained about there car doing weird shit. I've had mine for almost 5 yrs and not a single issue with my C6.

Lonnies c6 too. I think the c7s are cursed. 

4 hours ago, Chameleon said:

That sucks!  Sorry to hear you are now having drama with this C7 after all the crap with the previous one. 

. . . maybe teh C3 should become your daily driver. . .  :bolt:

Oh LOL god no. 

13 hours ago, aenigma said:

I heard from the service advisor tonight. He said they are doing a fast relearn. I asked what is wrong with my car, he said nothing is wrong, just a fast relearn needs to be done. 

What the hell is that? 

A fast relearn is where the car doesn't eat fuel for 3 days and then they reboot the computer. As compared to the non-fasting relearn where they try rebooting the computer while the fuel pump is still running.

AKA heat treating the product at room temperature until your blood boils.

9 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

A fast relearn is where the car doesn't eat fuel for 3 days and then they reboot the computer. As compared to the non-fasting relearn where they try rebooting the computer while the fuel pump is still running.

AKA heat treating the product at room temperature until your blood boils.

😃

The service advisor told me today that Chevy told them to do that. 

I told him that I read last night that should be done after transmission repairs and my car hasn’t had any repairs. He again said that’s what Chevy told them to do. I asked him about the ping and he said the manager is looking into it. 

Lonnie found a forum today that someone had my exact issue and Chevy put a new transmission in it. 

We’ll see but I’m going to drive it good and hard when I get it back to see if it’s just a bandaid they put on it. Plus eventually get an extended warranty. 

Update this afternoon.  The fast relearn didn’t work so they’re waiting to hear back from GM. My guess and his guess is a new transmission.  Meanwhile I told him I need out of his loaner truck and into something more stylish 😃

The pinging in the engine he said seems to be normal on c7s. Has anyone had that issue? 

I did NOT want to go to Chapman but after calling around last week, they were the only ones to give a loaner vehicle on the spot. 

I have been more than pleased at their service. Every evening at 5:30 like clockwork, Chris my advisor calls just to let me know the status no matter what the status is. I’ve never had any service department do that. It makes the fact that I have a pile of junk much easier. 😂

35 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

FWIW, I owned a C7 as a daily driver for 10 months and it NEVER pinged. 

Thanks a ton Donna. I will use that info tomorrow. 

Day 8. They are no closer to figuring out what’s wrong with my car. My Chapman rep is very cool. I let him know I did research and a fast relearn is only done after a repair. So it doesn’t make sense it would be the answer for a new transmission. He agreed but he’s just the messenger. 

We were in the drive through fast food lane behind a c7. I was thinking that guy must think he’s all that driving a c7. Ok I was a little (a lot) jealous. 

I miss my car. This is starting to be frustrating. 

I’m thinking of sending my car payment bill to GM this month. 😂

I've come to the conclusion that with any vehicle it's the luck of the draw that separates a good one from a bad one.  I've been lucky picking vehicles and all have gone major miles with no major issues. 

Fingers crossed the tech gets your's sorted out once and for all!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, aenigma said:

I’m thinking of sending my car payment bill to GM this month. 😂

I think they should credit you the amount of your monthly payment prorated for the number of days you have been without your Vette.

And, I commend you for your patience.  I would have morphed into a c**ty biotch by now!!! :cuss :wife: 

7 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I think they should credit you the amount of your monthly payment prorated for the number of days you have been without your Vette.

And, I commend you for your patience.  I would have morphed into a c**ty biotch by now!!! :cuss :wife: 

Donna you just keep me going. I read your post and decided I need to deal with this. I called my service guy who had zero answers other than he drove it today with the same problem and waiting once again for GM to tell them what to do. I called GM myself and after 45 minutes of abusing a GM rep and his superior, and I got a promise that their customer relations will call me in 2 days. Because it takes GM 2 days to load my info to the relations dept. I told him in this day and age, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t take a company like GM 2 days to upload my info. They responded with “well this is the first time you’ve called”. That was the wrong thing to say......

i also added that they now owe me 1/4 of my monthly car payment since it seems like the entire service dept is driving my car but me.  

We’ll see what happens next. I’m no longer playing nice. 

9 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’m no longer playing nice. 

^^^  Good for you! If I was in your place I would be furious. It's a very expensive new car under warranty,  the 'flagship' of the marque.  They need to make it right and stop jerking you around with non-informational updates of how they have so far accomplished nothing...

7 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

. . . and a really large condom. . . :lol

😂

Day 10. No phone call from anyone. Donna made me burn bridges yesterday with all her positive you go get em talk. 😂😂😂

Tomorrow I better hear from GM. 

What you need is a really good diagnostic guy.

I wish I knew one, honestly.

Sounds like they are working with TAC (remember that) on a fix.

Lurching doesn't really tell me much, can you describe it further and when it happens?

12 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Day 10. No phone call from anyone. Donna made me burn bridges yesterday with all her positive you go get em talk. 😂😂😂

Tomorrow I better hear from GM. 

I just encouraged you to stick up for yourself.  The rest was up to you!  :edward:

• Haha 1