My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

Extender32

When I bought my 2006 GTO, a week to the day, the check engine light came on.  Took it to the dealer, they scanned for codes, found none and reset the ECM.  About 2 weeks later, same issue, this time it was fuel in the canister. They replaced the canister and problem solved for a while.  Then the rear bumper cover came loose, back to the dealer and a week later new painted bumper cover.  Then the fuel pump quit and left me stranded for 5 hrs while I waited for a tow truck.  Dealer said it was a blown fuse for the pump.  Replaced fuse and on my way home, car went into limp mode and then shut off.  I was less than a mile from the dealer.  Car towed back to dealer, this time they replace the fuel pump.  Then the rear main seal (LS2) started to leak, replaced seal, then the coolant recovery tank cracked.  This was all in the first 3 months of ownership.  I contacted a lemon law lawyer, told him I wanted GM to buy the car back and I emailed all the RO's to him.  He worked directly with GM; however, GM refused to buy the car back but they did offer me a settlement of $7500.  I accepted their offer, the lawyer kept $1500 and no further issues with the GTO for another 3.5 yrs until I traded the GTO for a new CTS-V.  The point being, let your lawyer work directly with GM and you won't have to worry about going to court.

7 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

When I bought my 2006 GTO, a week to the day, the check engine light came on.  Took it to the dealer, they scanned for codes, found none and reset the ECM.  About 2 weeks later, same issue, this time it was fuel in the canister. They replaced the canister and problem solved for a while.  Then the rear bumper cover came loose, back to the dealer and a week later new painted bumper cover.  Then the fuel pump quit and left me stranded for 5 hrs while I waited for a tow truck.  Dealer said it was a blown fuse for the pump.  Replaced fuse and on my way home, car went into limp mode and then shut off.  I was less than a mile from the dealer.  Car towed back to dealer, this time they replace the fuel pump.  Then the rear main seal (LS2) started to leak, replaced seal, then the coolant recovery tank cracked.  This was all in the first 3 months of ownership.  I contacted a lemon law lawyer, told him I wanted GM to buy the car back and I emailed all the RO's to him.  He worked directly with GM; however, GM refused to buy the car back but they did offer me a settlement of $7500.  I accepted their offer, the lawyer kept $1500 and no further issues with the GTO for another 3.5 yrs until I traded the GTO for a new CTS-V.  The point being, let your lawyer work directly with GM and you won't have to worry about going to court.

Wow, you had to be ready to lose it. That’s a lemon for sure.  

Its sad that a lawyer has to be involved. In the perfect world, GM should have clearly seen by your records what you were going through and take care of you. I can’t inagine dealing with that much and then having to strong arm them to do anything about it.  I’m really happy we have a lemon law. 

Extender32
22 hours ago, aenigma said:

Wow, you had to be ready to lose it. That’s a lemon for sure.  

Its sad that a lawyer has to be involved. In the perfect world, GM should have clearly seen by your records what you were going through and take care of you. I can’t inagine dealing with that much and then having to strong arm them to do anything about it.  I’m really happy we have a lemon law. 

Once I got a lemon law lawyer, things went pretty quick, about 3 weeks to reach a settlement.  The only thing that made the entire ordeal bearable; my dealership took real good care of me with great service and a car to drive.  In fact, this same dealership is the only dealership that I will let touch my vette for regular service.

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

Got a color picked out yet?

I was advised i can no longer discuss this subject. For awhile. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pulling for you and hope you end up with the car you want - your's or a good replacement.

5 hours ago, Dave64 said:

I'm pulling for you and hope you end up with the car you want - your's or a good replacement.

5 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Me too. I’m about to be without it once again. I had it for a few weeks to get it out of my system and next week I'm dropping it off at a different place. The lies and almost con that Chapman told me were enough to make me never go back. I forgot the reasons why I would never go there again when I brought it there this last time.  I took advice from this forum about good service and am driving a longer distance to Van. 

I’m sure it’ll be gone another big while. It’s so frustrating. 

Of the 4 dealers that have done warranty work on my Vette, the only one that that I'd ever go back to is Gateway. One of the service writers (forgot his name) is a Vette owner and the service manager even drove the car with me beforehand to confirm the problem and after to show me the difference. That was more than I expected.

The best parts dealer of the 5 I've bought from is Midway. Best prices and service. Sands was good until the best parts guy left and they went online with a backdoor store. Van's online store has decent prices, but they charge a counter fee for in person pick up that's about the same as the shipping fee.

We are thankful that there are several dealers in the area to choose from. It's a lot better than living 100 miles away from the closest dealer.

OK, rant over.

I do love Gateway. I would go there but it’s an hour drive not including rush hours. They were so easy to deal with when I bought my car. 

I've the same problem...the only people I take my cars to are all on the east side.  It's a great pain, but worth the long hauls for quality, honest work.

I wish you the best with the change of dealers. 

I know a lot of peeps like Gateway, but they lifted SLAMMER'S Vette without using pucks and broke both the rockers. :cuss  They subsequently fixed what they broke, but that extremely stupid mistake should never happen at a Chevy dealer.  

The only dealer I've ever taken my Vette to is Coulter Cadillac.  Never had problems with them.  Of course, 1EvilC6 was keeping an eye on my Vette while it was there. . .

The key would be finding which PHX dealerships have C7 Corvette certified techs and if your car will go to one of them exclusively for warranty work?   When the first C7's came out only the shops who paid to send their techs to C7 specific training (as well as selling C6's to earn C7 allocation) were allowed to sell C7's.   After the initial sales frenzy calmed down other dealers were then selling C7's (I would hope a tech still needed to attend C7 class?) 

I had good luck and great service with courtesy. Special order the car in 2013 and they’ve done goodbye me.

19 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

One of the service writers (forgot his name) is a Vette owner and the service manager even drove the car with me beforehand to confirm the problem and after to show me the difference. That was more than I expected.

John Sheldon

Desertdawg
On 6/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, HOXXOH said:

It's a lot better than living 100 miles away from the closest dealer.

Hey! Are you picking on me ???

I’ve been sleeping. just read all of this. Wow! 

Sorry to hear your having trouble Mo. tell them your done waiting for a fix,

you don’t care if Chapman fixed it or just let it sit all month long.  Time to replace it. 

20 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

Hey! Are you picking on me ???

I’ve been sleeping. just read all of this. Wow! 

Sorry to hear your having trouble Mo. tell them your done waiting for a fix,

you don’t care if Chapman fixed it or just let it sit all month long.  Time to replace it. 

Lol!!  It’s a bit far to go back and forth and make it there to pick it up by closing. 

I am dropping it off somewhere else tomorrow and hoping I won’t ever have to pick it up again. Major stuff going on this week with it. It’s been getting progressively worse. 

Desertdawg

So are You going to tell us what color you picked out ?

Lol I haven’t gotten that far yet. All I’m hoping for is not to end up with a truck again for the next month. 

• 2 months later...

I just settled with GM for $13,000 and keeping the car.  They refused to take it back and I’m adverse to courtrooms. $3000 went to the lawyer. 

I figured either I’m going to use the $10,000 to supplement a trade in, or get an extended warranty and wait for my car to completely crap out. It’s slowly getting worse and at some point, they’re going to have to acknowledge what’s going on. 

I haven’t decided what to do and I have time to figure it out. 

Shakti Vette

Time to get rid of it, trade it in then they will have to fix it for the next person in line. I would not keep it.

:ahhhh:

1 hour ago, Shakti Vette said:

Time to get rid of it, trade it in then they will have to fix it for the next person in line. I would not keep it.

:ahhhh:

:withstupid  When you KNOW there is something wrong, but it can't be tracked down and fixed, it is time to bail and move on.

I had that with my red 2008 vert.  I loved that car, but it had issues that couldn't be found so couldn't be fixed.  Bye-Bye. . .

This is the funniest part. They have refused to look into why it’s pinging so there was no research there.

They refuse to acknowledge that my car is even lurching. 

Van Chevrolet is a joke by the way. 

So GM gives me $13,000 although all they would’ve had to do is look into the issues. 

Lonnie knows what it is more than likely. He’s told the dealer. 

Van’s chief mechanic told me he was instructed to not look into my car but he looked a little and right away saw a leaky seal that he fixed. But he wasn’t allowed to do anything else. He said the other dealership I was at had called them. 

So my issues are fixable, but if I keep it, I need a dealer that will not be afraid of the other dealers. I’ll never go to Van again.  

On 4/26/2018 at 10:54 AM, TheCMSH said:

Sounds like the dealers are Blackballing you. 

Remove the car,

remove the stress and start fresh

SLAMMER😎