My pile of junk c7s and vettes in general

aenigma

Today I called 5 times starting at 8am and ending at 2 since technically I was told my car would be ready yesterday, detailed with a check for car payment reimbursement. Nobody was available to talk to me. The 4th time I was told a manager would call me back. Nope. 2 hours later I called and told the advisor assistant to read the notes since nobody wants to call me back. She said she will go ask a tech and call me back. Again no call. 

I feel like my car is now being held hostage, still as broken as it was 29 days ago. 

Does Mother’s Day count as 30, or does it only count working days?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Does Mother’s Day count as 30, or does it only count working days?

Its 30 calendar days. 

Looks like you qualify as the "mother" of a new 2019 with red interior!   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 31

i started calling at 7:15am. First time I ended up being transferred into random guys voicemail. So I called back and asked for a live person. Now I have the manager Amy. 

She said she’d call me back. Uhhhh no, I won’t be called back, it didn’t work the 5 times I called Saturday and the one time I called Friday. I’ll hold thank you. 

She came back on the line to tell me they were installing the valve guide Thursday and today they’re doing a relearn, will wash my car and I can come pick it up today when it’s done. 

(Ohhhh the pesky relearn. That silly thing they spent the first 3 weeks doing while my car was there.)

Hmmm. 

I said well...I was told the exact same thing you’re telling me now except I was told that on Thursday about Friday. Friday I was supposed to pick it up clean and shiny and fixed after that pesky relearn Friday morning.  And I assume my ping is fixed too?  She said “that must’ve been fixed by the valve guide replacement”. 

Uh no, I replied. One has nothing to do with the other.

“I’ll check on that and call you back” says she.

Yeah. Ok. Now I’m mad. Finally. I’ve kept my cool but only because I had a great service rep keeping me advised. 

So a relearn they did for 3 weeks of the 4 didn’t work yet it’s going to work now. In 1/2 a day. 

Another truck day. 

Calm down, let the lawyer take care of it from here on out.  You busy yourself with what color 2019 to order.  We know the interior color already.

11 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Calm down, let the lawyer take care of it from here on out.  You busy yourself with what color 2019 to order.  We know the interior color already.

I agree, it's his job from here on out. Good luck with color selection. 👍

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

Right. There is not a good amount of money that I would accept to declare it a lemon. Unless it was 80% of the current value. Try to sell a declared lemon someday.  

Im stressed out. I know its just a car but hearing “fast relearn” again just made me mad. 

I sent everything over to the attorney and told him I can’t do this with GM anymore.  I have to wash my hands of it for now but every time I have to hike up my suits to crawl in that stupid truck, it just looks unprofessional and makes me more frustrated.  

WOW,can’t imagine having to deal with a process like that....

Really hope you can come to some positive form of resolution...

Also has me wondering if a 7 would ever be in my future even though a blue GS with red guts really ahs me wanting one!!

48203651d1504665357-rare-admiral-blue-re

that’s gorgeous! 

I got a call from my new service tech (manager Amy) who has now taken over. She said they finished with my car today and it’s being washed and ready for me. 

Well....since the fast relearn happened today (gosh with all that relearning for a month, my car has to be stinking SMART now), they can’t know whether or not it works until it sits. 

I then asked her about the ping (for the 30th time now).  She said they’re taking a sample of the gas to check if I use 91 because they dont know.  But I can take the car. I only use 91 but apparently now I need to prove it. She asked if I go to the same place for gas all the time. Nope I go to wherever I’m closest, so that’s not it. She said the one thing they noticed is the gas level lowers at the same time as the ping happens.  (Brilliant deduction for 31 days to come to that conclusion!) I asked her what that means. She doesn’t know, all they know is the level lowers when the ping happens.  I told her I brought my car in 31 days ago with 2 problems, I expect both to be fixed. 

I haven’t gotten a call yet this afternoon to pick it up or not pick it up.  

This is just a crazy waste of time. 

There is additive boosters!!!  Have them "drug" it up like a teenager on a Monster Energy drink and try driving it for a few days to see if it goes away or not.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3993292-c7-engine-pinging-in-v4-mode-is-this-normal-2.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3664614-2014-with-pinging-spark-knock.html

Interesting take away in post #7 of the second link..........

Chevy was able to scan the engine from Detroit

I went to a local dealership to have the best corvette mechanic from what I've heard, in the area test drive it. He noticed the pinging but since he hasn't heard of this happening with the base corvette he contacted an engineer at Chevy. The engineer had the capability of scanning the engine through this dealership since there were no codes. They said the timing was advancing correctly and everything looked normal. The car was checked at different points through warm up to normal temps. They are determining there is a problem with the fuel. I am having a difficult time with that since I have now run over 4 full tanks with different top tier gas at 93 octane with no change, and I have always used 93.

2 hours ago, JohnU said:

There is additive boosters!!!  Have them "drug" it up like a teenager on a Monster Energy drink and try driving it for a few days to see if it goes away or not.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3993292-c7-engine-pinging-in-v4-mode-is-this-normal-2.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3664614-2014-with-pinging-spark-knock.html

Interesting take away in post #7 of the second link..........

Chevy was able to scan the engine from Detroit

I went to a local dealership to have the best corvette mechanic from what I've heard, in the area test drive it. He noticed the pinging but since he hasn't heard of this happening with the base corvette he contacted an engineer at Chevy. The engineer had the capability of scanning the engine through this dealership since there were no codes. They said the timing was advancing correctly and everything looked normal. The car was checked at different points through warm up to normal temps. They are determining there is a problem with the fuel. I am having a difficult time with that since I have now run over 4 full tanks with different top tier gas at 93 octane with no change, and I have always used 93.

That is very good information.  In my issue, they’re not trying to figure it out, their only answer is to test my fuel to see if I’m lying. So I wonder what the answer ended up to be in that guy’s case. Darn it. 

Soooo I picked my car up an hour or so ago. They said they put in 93 and the ping is hardly there so GM’s fix was for me to use 93. Uhhhh there aren’t any 93 gas stations in AZ!  And their idea of the ping not there is that the ping is there worse now. 

My transmission is so tight now that it was stuck accelerating even when my car was slowing down and I had my foot off the gas.  The whole transmission feels weird and tight. 

I didn’t accept the check because they had a little “nothing” form for me to sign mentioning I was taking the check as entire restitution  for the car repair. 

Im not kidding you, their dealership printers were broken so I didn’t get ANY piece of paperwork to take home. Just my keys.   I saw their work order for my car on the table and I offered to scan that instead since I have a phone scanner. I was told no.  I told her to email me the work order then. I’m sure I mysteriously won’t get that either. 

Just wondering how a dealership has all those broken printers. They must not be able to make any sales until they fix them. 

Too bad,  Now time for the lawyer to go to work!!!

My sister had an early 80's Camaro that was a turd.  GM bought it back in the morning and that same afternoon it was on the spinner in front of the dealership looking to hook owner number two!

2 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Too bad,  Now time for the lawyer to go to work!!!

My sister had an early 80's Camaro that was a turd.  GM bought it back in the morning and that same afternoon it was on the spinner in front of the dealership looking to hook owner number two!

No way!  That’s just bad. It’s sad when dealerships do things like that. 

The funny part of this is on the way there, I decided if it’s repaired, I’ll take the check and let it go. I love my car. I don’t need to keep going if my car is fine or near fine. 

But pretending like the dealership’s printers are busted then conning me into signing saying it means nothing to sign......well they told me exactly what I need to do next. Plus now my car is acting up in different unsafe ways.  

Wow, that sucks.  Good for you noticing the "find print" and not signing.  Plus, no paperwork?  That is very underhanded tactics. 

Sounds like they KNOW they've screwed up so now they're trying to cover themselves. . . 

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Wow, that sucks.  Good for you noticing the "find print" and not signing.  Plus, no paperwork?  That is very underhanded tactics. 

Sounds like they KNOW they've screwed up so now they're trying to cover themselves. . . 

For sure! 

The first thing I’d do is fire your attorney. It’s obvious you’ve got a lemon so he should have been there at the dealer with you to advise and intimidate.  

20 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

The first thing I’d do is fire your attorney. It’s obvious you’ve got a lemon so he should have been there at the dealer with you to advise and intimidate.  

I don’t have an attorney yet.  I wasn’t sure I wanted to go that route.

Sorry! I thought I recalled in an earlier reply you mentioned an attorney.  It’s time to get one involved.  Dealing with GM is like dealing with a major insurance co on a claim.  If they think they can get away with something they will. You’re just one customer.  

58 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

Sorry! I thought I recalled in an earlier reply you mentioned an attorney.  It’s time to get one involved.  Dealing with GM is like dealing with a major insurance co on a claim.  If they think they can get away with something they will. You’re just one customer.  

I haven’t yet officially. I checked with one who specializes in lemon laws. I don’t like arguing and court etc. I love my car and if it was in good shape when I got it back, I really just wanted to move on and be done. But after what Chapman and GM pulled yesterday, I decided I’m more than likely going forward with the attorney. I kept in touch with him this month just in case. 

I am concerned since there possibly could be issues still with the vette, I don’t want to wait until I’m past the lemon law date. 

If they had just handled things correctly yesterday....

I cant believe they wouldn’t give me the repair sheet. 100% of people who get their cars fixed get those when they leave. 

"Printers all broken"

:lies:

If that were true, they should have apologized and IMMEDIATELY emailed the paperwork to you.