Chameleon

ARGH %$@#&%!!! Red Paint

Chameleon

Success!

Paint removal was ultimately accomplished with: lots of time, acetone, artist paint brush, cotton swabs, paper towels, lint free rag, and two "girl" tools - cuticle pusher and cuticle trimmer.  Acetone repeatedly applied with the paint brush over a small area (keeping the area wet) until the surface started to absorb the acetone, then agitate the surface with first cotton swabs, then paper towels, then lint free rag with cuticle pusher. This resulted in some smearing and roughening of the surface.  As surface started to become rough, gentle use of the cuticle trimmer enabled removal of tiny bits of paint.  Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. . .   No damage to the dash material. :facepalm:

20180413_182851.jpg

20180416_182116.jpg

Chameleon

Next item on my red to yeller conversion list:

20180417_153718.jpg

Lew Shaw

Donna, from experience, I can tell you what NOT to do.  The black on those is a light coat of paint so if you try any kind of remover, it will leave you with a light gray part.  Easiest thing to do is lightly sand the letters and re-spray the parts with semi-flat black and then paint in the letters with yellow paint.  Otherwise, you can try CAREFULLY sanding just the red letters and then repaint with the yellow (too hard for me!).

Chameleon

^^^ Thanks for the info Lew!

Blk n Blu

Most excellent pointing! Well done :thumbs 

SLAMMER
5 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Next item on my red to yeller conversion list:

20180417_153718.jpg

2A98528B-6EDA-403D-B765-EFE09EB84004.thumb.jpeg.66c53ca948644959f727be3df38970f0.jpeg

SEE HOW YOUR NAILS MATCH YOUR CAR

SLAMMER😎

E1BE6A47-7EB1-4941-9577-566CFCB00A1C.thumb.jpeg.b36f1bef26d6659007a806f2de629a59.jpeg

P51tj

Another successful Yeller story! NICE!

Azmotorhead

YAY on ridding the world of RED

Azmotorhead

BTW I reecently saw someone on the Nat forum that was looking to trade GS calipers for red ones

Eddie44

I’m not sure how you get rid of the red but once you do I can tell you how they did my lettering. Per Michael and Joe they have a guy who does it. He puts the emblem in a vice perfectly level and then he fills the letters with paint using a syringe.  

8E97AC0A-AD62-4CDC-B229-82E7F6A81137.jpeg

TheCMSH

Relax, my old man is television repairman, he has an ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it........

Just trying to add some levity, sorry to hear about your woes.  Hope you get is resolved soon 

Chameleon

Haven't had time to work on the badges yet, planning to tackle those sometime next week. . .