1964 Corvette suspension work needed

ransome

Hi

Just got a 1964 Corvette coupe  , the entire suspension was supposed to have  be replaced 500 miles ago. It feels very loose. Can someone recommend a shop that specializes in suspensions on the c2 corvette.

thanks Gregg

Bromley's Corvettes

Did the steering rag joint get replaced when front end was rebuilt? Did the steering box get rebuilt or even adjusted there is a pre load adjustment on top. How about a 4 wheel alignment from a shop that does classic corvettes a lot? What kinda tires do you have how old whats the PSi? All those things have affect on how a front end feels. 

Turns out the bushings for the trailing arms are gone , unfortunately the are aftermarket and I will have to track down the manufacturer 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you cannot determine the manufacturer, take several good pictures then post on the big board, asking if anyone there can identify them.

On 6/26/2018 at 4:17 PM, Dave64 said:

If you cannot determine the manufacturer, take several good pictures then post on the big board, asking if anyone there can identify them.

I just ordered some generic ones , my mechanic had to fabricate then to fit perfectly. Cured the problem cpmpletely , drives like a new car.