NHRA Phoenix 2018

scottcolbath

It was a hell of a day on Sunday. I managed to get some good shots. This being the best.

Colbath%20(1)-X3.jpg

Here is Force, about a quarter second before all hell broke loose. He was just past me when it happened. You can see the cylinder out, and the beginning of a bad day.

A45A1604-XL.jpg

Lots more here.

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Auto-Racing/NHRA-Phoenix-2018/

Don't share the images without proper photo credit. But feel free to share.

S.C.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

It was a hell of a day on Sunday. I managed to get some good shots. This being the best.

Colbath%20(1)-X3.jpg

Here is Force, about a quarter second before all hell broke loose. He was just past me when it happened. You can see the cylinder out, and the beginning of a bad day.

A45A1604-XL.jpg

Lots more here.

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Auto-Racing/NHRA-Phoenix-2018/

Don't share the images without proper photo credit. But feel free to share.

S.C.

So what camera setup are you using?

Very cool shots. Thanks for sharing. I REALLY wanted to go to that but other plans were made.

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing!  :thumbs

I was out there all day Saturday.  There were a couple of small breakages that caused track cleanup, but nothing like the carnage on Sunday!

scottcolbath
On 2/27/2018 at 9:26 AM, az57chevy said:

So what camera setup are you using?

That was my Canon 7D Mark2. I have a Canon 5D Mark3 and Canon 7D Mark1 I also use, along with several good canon lenses. Good gear helps get the good shots.

S.C.

scottcolbath
On 2/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, Chameleon said:

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing!  :thumbs

I was out there all day Saturday.  There were a couple of small breakages that caused track cleanup, but nothing like the carnage on Sunday!

I was going to head out Saturday, but I am such a pussy with the cold, I decided to wait until it was five degrees warmer (Sunday).

S.C.

9 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

I was going to head out Saturday, but I am such a pussy with the cold, I decided to wait until it was five degrees warmer (Sunday).

S.C.

Good decision!  I can't deal with cold either, and I froze on Saturday. The last two hours were pretty miserable, but the nitro cars were running so I had to stay! :P