(not really corvette related but need recommendation) looking to get silverado brakes done

Togo

my stock GM brakes lasted between 80-90K miles - so i had them done at brake masters (I think) and they lasted less than half that.

I'm lazy AF and just don't want to do them on my DD so I'm shopping around and since I know the stopping power a Vette needs, I can imagine I'd get a similar job done on my truck

where should I take this thing? 

are most Vette shops willing to do this type of work? 

(yeah yeah I know - my Vette has been inoperable for a REALLY long time......working on that!)

3 for Classic Gold. 

When I bought my Nissan the prev owner said it would need brakes soon. I took it to Joe and he said they were 80-90%. It had 120k mi so I had him change the brake fluid. Many other shops would have just done a brake job. 

Brakes are overrated, that's why you have a transmission so you can downshift to almost a complete stop.:smilelol:smilelol

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, Extender32 said:

Brakes are overrated, that's why you have a transmission so you can downshift to almost a complete stop.:smilelol:smilelol

and then just turn off the ignition with it in gear for the complete stop? :-D

Thanks guys, appreciate the tip for classic gold, I'll give them a call.

maybe some day I'll get that stupid car in my garage put back together so I can cruise with you guys again some day!

Chameleon
1 hour ago, Togo said:

maybe some day I'll get that stupid car in my garage put back together so I can cruise with you guys again some day!

^^^ host a "Corvette Saturday" and get a bunch of ACE peeps to come out and help you!  Just a suggestion. . . :)

If you can remove a tire, changing brake pads are a cinch.  The shop must have used cheap pads to get only half the OEM mileage.  Go buy some OEM's and have an ACE party!  You will probably need to turn the rotors this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, Chameleon said:

^^^ host a "Corvette Saturday" and get a bunch of ACE peeps to come out and help you!  Just a suggestion. . . :)

that's my goal....i'm betting that most of the people here still work for food and coffee/booze! 🤣

1 hour ago, Togo said:

that's my goal....i'm betting that most of the people here still work for food and coffee/booze! 🤣

I know I do!  Oh, and chocolate. I will even clean greasy car parts for chocolate.  :lol