Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

aenigma

19 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Nice!  Are you over your injury and racing again?

Yes. We trailered to Tucson last Saturday so I could bracket race with ADRA and PADR. Was so fun. 

20 hours ago, aenigma said:

Yes. We trailered to Tucson last Saturday so I could bracket race with ADRA and PADR. Was so fun. 

:thumbs You go girl!!!

23 hours ago, JohnU said:

For best sound..... grease before every race.......

125B1958-01CC-4BFF-A1AB-32948D799903.jpeg

I didn’t get it but lonnie laughed a lot! 😂

Just read all thru your thread.  The progress you guys made with your car is great.  I envy you drag racing.  Some of the most fun I had with my cars was while drag racing.  Running in the 11's is a good place to be, as going faster forces one to get into more expensive parts.  I think I saw that you got your axles from Toms Differentials, did you get the 1330's?  They are great to work with.  I used their inner & outer axles and frame reinforcer kit on the '64.  I also made my own rear crossmember locators from 1/2" aluminum, based on their design, so I'll never worry about the rear half of the car.  I'm anxiously waiting to see your car in the .30's.  Keep on keep'n us posted.

2 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Just read all thru your thread.  The progress you guys made with your car is great.  I envy you drag racing.  Some of the most fun I had with my cars was while drag racing.  Running in the 11's is a good place to be, as going faster forces one to get into more expensive parts.  I think I saw that you got your axles from Toms Differentials, did you get the 1330's?  They are great to work with.  I used their inner & outer axles and frame reinforcer kit on the '64.  I also made my own rear crossmember locators from 1/2" aluminum, based on their design, so I'll never worry about the rear half of the car.  I'm anxiously waiting to see your car in the .30's.  Keep on keep'n us posted.

hey Dave! 
thank you, and yes, Toms. 

I can’t get the 30s. I’m only teched to 11.5, and anything quicker makes me need the roll bar. I can’t fit one in comfortably.  I want to just get better at bracket racing and not try to get faster. 
BUT reading your post, I had a little adrenaline at your .30 comment. So I must want to get quicker even though I keep saying I don’t. 
you know you can take any old car out to the drags. I hate my adrenaline at the lights, but I can’t stop seeking it out, I’m like a racing junky. 
I don’t know how you stopped and are ok with that! 

I just got tired of loading everything up, unloading, then waiting hours to make a run, then wait more hours to run again.  I was getting the itch to go back on the street.  At the time, I was racing a '67 Chevelle, running high 10's, low 11's, so the choice was to rebuild the '64 or convert the '67 to a street machine.  The corvette won the day.  Now, I get excited every time I start the '64 and drive it.  The fun lasts much longer than short shots down the track.

Dave,

The spindles are from Tom’s. The half shafts are from dragvette. 3” w/ 1350 solid Spicer u-joints. They rate them at 550hp. Chevy actually went to this size in 76 or 77.  I know what you mean about trailering. It’s much nicer when the drags are at Wildhorse and we can just drive our cars to the track. 

• 8 months later...

Car keeps getting faster. It’s a good thing it was private track rental night. Time to talk roll bars. 6C611AF3-3150-4C3C-9805-7E6BB5269890.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

HOLY CRAP MO! What size are the carbs? What hood are going to get? Well, I guess there isn't a snowballs chance in hell now of catching you at all now NA. Oh well...Here Comes the Spray, Here Comes the Spray... :smilelol:burnout

2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

HOLY CRAP MO! What size are the carbs? What hood are going to get? Well, I guess there isn't a snowballs chance in hell now of catching you at all now NA. Oh well...Here Comes the Spray, Here Comes the Spray... :smilelol:burnout

pretty isn’t it?  
you know there’s nowhere in our compartments for that heat to go. It’s just too small. My ETs are all over the place on hot days. It should get some air in now and run more consistent. They’re 600s. 

Lonnie let me borrow one of his carburetors 6 months ago when mine went bad before a race. My car liked it and so did I  so he let me keep it and got me a second one for the tunnel ram. 
he’s got the same ones. So hand me downs which is pretty much most of my car 😂

I foresee a RV/toy hauler in your future, since WHP or whatever is left of it, will close soon. It's the logical choice for 2-day events in Tucson, Vegas, or CA for both cars. Enclose one car and trailer the other.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, aenigma said:

More is happening here. 😃

i didn’t like 11s after all. 

40552866-6124-4A62-8452-2F4840D9992F.jpeg

28553E35-6DAD-4A2B-BAB8-79DE6AC30D67.jpeg

I hope you aren't going to let Lonnie cut a big ass hole in your hood.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:28 PM, aenigma said:

Here’s a better one 

F7F00A4D-5048-47D2-9F9B-E9AEC764B1B5.jpeg

^^^ That right there is some beautiful eye candy!  :wubHappy for you,  can't wait to see it in person! :thumbs

3 hours ago, Extender32 said:

He will probably tomorrow when he’s feeling better. I trust he will do a good job. I freaked out when he cut his but it ended up looking really good! 

9 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

spoiler car wrap GIF by Yiannimize

What's next? A Big Ricer wing?

Lonnie won’t let me. 😂😡

11 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I foresee a RV/toy hauler in your future, since WHP or whatever is left of it, will close soon. It's the logical choice for 2-day events in Tucson, Vegas, or CA for both cars. Enclose one car and trailer the other.

We already race more in Tucson than here, including 2 day events.  No interest in a toy hauler and the storage hassles. 

6 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I wanted to cut a hole in it 3 years ago, nothing goes better with side pipes on a C3 than something sticking out of the hood. It’s her car so I do what she wants. I’m having a much harder time drilling holes in the back for the pace car spoiler.  I’m not a big fan of it but she likes it. 

• Like 1

So when you grow tired of running slow 10s, this will be in your future. :party

TT.jpg

• Haha 1

So, I have sent your latest mod pic to a few people, to include your newest C3 client Lauren with the 73 BB vette. He thought the new mod was BADASS! He wants to see how it does this winter along with mine. HA! We shall see.:thumbs