Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

aenigma

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheCMSH said:

Either one of you burn a leg on the side pipes yet???

^^^  Always the optimist, aren't ya??? :smilelol

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Either one of you burn a leg on the side pipes yet???

aaaaaand yes. The inside of my foot hurt for a few days. It took that one time to never again. 
I even creep out of my c7 now in an odd way. The side pipes got me trained. 

CrimsonNCream

I don't know, but I can't seem to be able to pull up any of your vids, and I would really like to see them!

28 minutes ago, CrimsonNCream said:

I don't know, but I can't seem to be able to pull up any of your vids, and I would really like to see them!

If you friend me on Facebook (I’m back on there just until I can have people to interact with in person again lol), I have them on there. I’m under Monique Andazola. 

Someone leave their pickup truck unlocked????  Do you think they have realized it's missing yet?        🤠

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

Someone leave their pickup truck unlocked????  Do you think they have realized it's missing yet?        🤠

😂

you sound like Lonnie. 

• 1 month later...

It took its maiden voyage to the tracks tonight. Remembering the line lock, first gear to drive, etc etc etc.  It was really fun. Lonnie needs to change the converter to get a couple tenths off and also make a few more adjustments. I don’t like the launch. It launches slow and then takes off.  We’re shooting for 11.7 when everything is adjusted. Not bad for a hot night though. It sounds great and runs well. Lonnie was a great teacher and car builder. I forgot my mask so had to stop at a Walgreens for a diaper mask. Then we couldn’t tech because I was wearing a tank top so we went to a truck stop and bought a shirt. It was a Truck stop shirt and diaper mask night  😂

2414F037-4EAA-4FF5-97DF-D4B6C0549CFE.jpeg

7B086D44-01FC-49B4-83FC-EAEA882E200E.jpeg

00115B27-17C4-4798-AD67-58B0A07BE8C2.jpeg

• Like 1

You can't tech with a tank top!!!!    We gotta know the origins of that rule?

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

You can't tech with a tank top!!!!    We gotta know the origins of that rule?

they said if the car catches fire, it’s better to have protection. I was going to ask him if he thinks his nylon shirt wouldn’t melt into his skin. But don’t poke the tech bear. 😃

On 6/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, aenigma said:

7B086D44-01FC-49B4-83FC-EAEA882E200E.jpeg

LOVE that Corvette view - looking out the windshield of a C3 over the hood and upswept fenders. . .  :wub   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chameleon said:

LOVE that Corvette view - looking out the windshield of a C3 over the hood and upswept fenders. . .  :wub   

That's one reason I've owned C3's for almost 35 years!

• Like 1

I got Lonnie's txt, WAY TO GO MO! You beat my 12.7 run, but I still have a couple things to do to bring it down a bit more, but I WILL not be able to get mine into the 11s though. I didn't know the track was open. but I've been in CO for a week. :)

9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

That's one reason I've owned C3's for almost 35 years!

:agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

I got Lonnie's txt, WAY TO GO MO! You beat my 12.7 run, but I still have a couple things to do to bring it down a bit more, but I WILL not be able to get mine into the 11s though. I didn't know the track was open. but I've been in CO for a week. :)

it was only open for one day. I’m sure now with the new rules for no group functions, we won’t see another drag night until next year or when there’s a vaccine darn it. 
I’m just happy that we got a drag night in before everything shut down again. 

4 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Right out of the latest NHRA Rules book 2020.

image.png.5cd9980b8c7f892e9032abdcb32a2bd9.png

I didn’t read the rule book, and lonnie never wears tank tops. So he didn’t think about this rule.  He could’ve quoted every other rule on there without even reading it. 
Now we know. And I have a truck stop shirt I’ll never wear again. 😂

14 minutes ago, aenigma said:

I didn’t read the rule book, and lonnie never wears tank tops. So he didn’t think about this rule.  He could’ve quoted every other rule on there without even reading it. 
Now we know. And I have a truck stop shirt I’ll never wear again. 😂

I don't know, Lonnie may look good in a tank top and daisy duke shorts, jus sayin'. LOL

• Haha 1