Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

aenigma

I entered my first real race last night. I was talking myself out of it but glad I ended up sucking up the fear and doing it. I did terribly, if I wasn’t launching late, I was red lighting. Just trying to become one with the car. But I did master the burnout using the line lock right away.  I’m completely hooked.  Best time was 12.19 in 100 degrees and straight into a nasty head wind, so not bad. I love this car more than any other I’ve owned. It feels like it was made for me, oh wait, it was made for me. 😂

12F3CC3A-9D65-4B18-B29E-E7AE21080609.png

7F180918-4C73-41EA-9B7A-60489CA459B6.png

17C01BF4-B384-483F-91EA-84E141E197CD.png

F7042A73-1775-40B7-8A4D-133CA8349642.jpeg

• Like 2

Your doing great. :thumbs Practice, practice and then practice some more....

the great thing is you get to race and go fast while practicing. 

I sure miss it....

68E98A6E-5059-4BC0-8780-7C38D5FC415A.thumb.jpeg.f3cabce830e8dec095018dba950ada6f.jpeg

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NRS said:

Very cool Mo, Your C3 looks great launching and flying down the track.

thank you!  It’s going to launch harder shortly. It doesn’t have the fly back in your seat launch yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, aenigma said:

It came in the mail yesterday - torque converter. 😍😍

And it's a ???? stall speed. Or is that a secret? I wanna see you get some air.

20 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

And it's a ???? stall speed. Or is that a secret? I wanna see you get some air.

Supposed to be 3400 but we don’t know yet. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:24 PM, aenigma said:

Supposed to be 3400 but we don’t know yet. 

the stall is where it needs to be. It takes off much better. Lonnie was on his back half the day. Lol

12 hours ago, aenigma said:

the stall is where it needs to be. It takes off much better. Lonnie was on his back half the day. Lol

Most guys prefer that.......

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I needed a better shifter knob. The one I had was a handle so I couldn’t  shift easily while going down the track. This one is way easier. And cooler. 

AAC5E35A-5460-464F-81F5-66A5E81BEBBD.jpeg

13 hours ago, aenigma said:

I needed a better shifter knob. The one I had was a handle so I couldn’t  shift easily while going down the track. This one is way easier. And cooler. 

AAC5E35A-5460-464F-81F5-66A5E81BEBBD.jpeg

I gotta hand it to Lonnie. He has the balls to make his girl happy.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I tried to beat my best time. Walking on the strip while your car is being pushed is no bueno. 
In other news, a 2020 Vette broke an axle right before my fateful launch. 
we were competing for tow trucks. FYI, c8s are too low for flatbeds. 

ADE84987-64C6-46D7-B4B0-7BF0B592BF9F.jpeg

23 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Quit teasing us..... what broke?

pretty sure the transmission. We got home around 11:30 last night and Lonnie’s at work today so he hasn’t checked. It still rolls in park so he’s pretty sure that’s it. 
The tracks were so packed last night. They closed their doors at 8:30 to any more spectators and drivers because it was at capacity. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it that full.  Big bummer I couldn’t participate in the fun craziness. 
the track people were awesome. They did everything possible to make things easy. 

I didn’t know the c8s sit so low. The poor owner had to have his son get the trailer from home and try find something to buy that can pull it up on his trailer. He was thinking of leaving his c8 outside the gates overnight and said he planned on sleeping in it. 😂

Hopefully GM will step up because that shouldn’t have happened. I doubt they will. 

A real bummer Mo and feel your pain. I texted Lonnie last night hoping to hear great news and he said you broke, but I didn't know you guys were still at the track waiting for the truck when I sent the text. That sucks! Did it break/quit at launch?

On the C8 issues of being too low, don't they all have that front end raise to lift it up for bumps etc...? OR is that an option he didn't have? I can't believe GM would make it so it couldn't load on to a truck when broke on the road, but maybe they did. YIKES! Be aware for all the C8 owners out there.

• Sad 1

Crossing my fingers for you (and especially for Lonnie), that it's just a shift linkage problem and an easy fix.

11 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

Crossing my fingers for you (and especially for Lonnie), that it's just a shift linkage problem and an easy fix.

thank you. Me too. I really want to be back at the tracks soon. 

51 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

On the C8 issues of being too low, don't they all have that front end raise to lift it up for bumps etc...? OR is that an option he didn't have?

Optional on 2 & 3 LT's

A couple of 2x6's on the ramp to roll it on should get it high enough?

2 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Optional on 2 & 3 LT's

A couple of 2x6's on the ramp to roll it on should get it high enough?

Thanks John and you are right about the 2x6s.

2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Thanks John and you are right about the 2x6s.

I don’t think the wood worked. He sent the tow truck driver off and was thinking about sleeping in his car.

5 hours ago, aenigma said:

I don’t think the wood worked. He sent the tow truck driver off and was thinking about sleeping in his car.

Really? WOW! That sucks for sure.

Axle. 
I meant mine was an axle too lol, so a much less expensive fix but more time consuming. So Saturday is out darn it. 

• Like 1