C4 keeps stalling...mechanic recommendation?

Spicoli

My 1992 coupe blew a head gasket about 2 years ago, around 197,000 miles, but I love my Vette so much, I bought it a new engine, a blueprint LT-1 from JEGS.

So now I have to own the car a lot longer to make that repair worth it. :-) It now has around 205,000 miles on it.

Recently, it's been stalling. It'll be driving just fine, then all of a sudden, it just dies. Sometimes it starts again after a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't.

I took it to Action Auto Repair (decent guys, but they've made some bad diagnoses of my old car), and they thought it was the opti-spark, but weren't sure, and wanted $2000 for the repair. I had it towed to Gearheads in Hereford (i.e. the guy that put in the new engine, who's always been really good with both of my Vettes), and he replaced the injection module. The car ran great as I drove it home (~215 miles back to north Phoenix), but the next weekend, when I tried to drive it, it stalled in the same way it did before. There doesn't seem to be any codes recorded in the computer.

So...

[1] What else could be wrong? How can I make sure?

[2] Can anyone recommend a decent C4 mechanic in the vicinity of north Phoenix (or within towing range)? From reading the forums, it seems that Bromley's Corvette in Tempe, or Service First in Cave Creek, would be good bets. I asked my local Corvette club when I first moved here, and they mentioned Harker Auto down on Indian School.

I'd have it towed back to Gearheads, but I used up my only AAA Platinum 200-mile tow of the year, plus I'd rather find someone local that I can trust with my car. Can anyone help?

Bromley's Corvettes

We can diagnose it and fix it. There are a number of things that will cause it to stall out. 

Bromley's Corvettes

Also C1s 2s 5s and 6s :) Eddie my shop has grown a ton over the last 3 years we do everything these days:) 

11 hours ago, Bromley's Corvettes said:

Also C1s 2s 5s and 6s :) Eddie my shop has grown a ton over the last 3 years we do everything these days:) 

Good to know!  

Ken at Kens Tire and Auto, located at 67th Ave and Peoria, is outstanding on all the corvettes. He has done the work on all my C2, C4, C6 and C7 cars since I moved here 10 years ago.  He has recently diagnosed 2 friends 93 vets that no one else even wanted to touch since electronic parts (i.e  ECM, CCM, etc) are almost impossible to get and very hard to find someone to repair the units.  He does outstanding work for a reasonable price.  He can do anything you need on the cars, including electronic tuning.  I had my C6 turned by someone else and the "check engine" light kept coming on.  I took it to Kenny and he resolved the issue by making changes to the fuel system.  Other turner was not able to get the Fuel Trim higher than negative 9 and Kenny was able to achieve a positive 1. Anything negative means the cars is running lean.

Actually, anything negative in the fuel trims means the car is running rich (trims are reducing fuel to bring car to stoich). Traditionally, anything +/- 10% is really not anything to worry about.

Glad you got it sorted to your satisfaction, though.