Dreaded harmonic balancer wobble

BlackC6

I have an early 05 base and I noticed today that I have the dreaded harmonic balancer wobble.  It's very slight, but still noticeable to the eye.  No belt chirp, sounds or vibrations yet.

I don't drive it too much these days but as the weather gets nicer, I will probably want to drive it a little more.

Just curious what you recommend as a replacement?

Thanks in advance!!

I would not worry about it to much. Keep an eye on it, see if it gets worse. I have an 06, and it's had a slight wobble for 60k miles.

• 2 months later...
Shakti Vette

LS2 Had a recall, call GM and run your vin #. replacement might be free if yer on the list.

We just had our's replaced (LS3) on a GM bulletin not an official recall, wobble was not within spec, and water pump was seeping, extended warranty covered it all cost was a$100.00 to us.

Very happy now.....>!

On 10/19/2017 at 1:23 PM, BlackC6 said:

I have an early 05 base and I noticed today that I have the dreaded harmonic balancer wobble.  It's very slight, but still noticeable to the eye.  No belt chirp, sounds or vibrations yet.

I don't drive it too much these days but as the weather gets nicer, I will probably want to drive it a little more.

Just curious what you recommend as a replacement?

Thanks in advance!!

Powerbond. PB1117SS from Summit. ~$223. They meet SFI 18.1 specs which the GM balancers ($198 list) don't, without putting holes in your wallet. However, be prepared for a good sized labor bill if you aren't able to DIY.

Budget on fixing it, it's not like it'll get better. And on balancer I'd run either another oem or ATI. We won't do any china balancers. Labor wise it's just a touch over 5 hours, power steering fluid, and a crank bolt. Not to bad.