Tire Repair - have you heard this?

Chameleon

So out of curiosity,does using a plug to get you to the tire store to use the waranty you prurchased,void said waranty?

Or is that up to their discretion since in theory a tire they could have repaired is now deemed garbage.

7 minutes ago, y2krtaf said:

So out of curiosity,does using a plug to get you to the tire store to use the waranty you prurchased,void said waranty?

Or is that up to their discretion since in theory a tire they could have repaired is now deemed garbage.

Excellent question.  Now we need a tire pimp to answer it

• 1 month later...

I just got a low pressure LR tire and this was the second time in about a month.  Took it to Discount Tire 32nd St and Cactus.  They found a small screw dead center in the tread. They not only patched it but “rebuilt” the TPS.  All $0 money outta my pocket.  Kudos Discount!

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good for you!  :thumbs

I am still driving on the tire I "ruined" by plugging it . . . :P

Me too.  Driving on ruined tires is cost effective!  :thumbs

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Good for you!  :thumbs

I am still driving on the tire I "ruined" by plugging it . . . :P

I was kinda hoping they’d say it was unrepairable since I have the road hazard coverage.  I’ve got about 2-3 thousands before they’ll need replacement. 

19 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

I was kinda hoping they’d say it was unrepairable since I have the road hazard coverage.  I’ve got about 2-3 thousands before they’ll need replacement. 

Should have done a few burnouts on it before going in :burnout:smilelol

56 minutes ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

Should have done a few burnouts on it before going in :burnout:smilelol

🤣🤣🤣

insatiableOne

Got rid of my Hankook fronts & back to Sport cup 2s !!!  Hmmm, all my vibration (95 %) is gone and drivability issues vanished. My car is enjoyable....now some more burnouts and the rears will get the boot :yesnod

:burnout:driving::burnout

the industry has gotten so full of lawsuits, red tape stops us from patching tires over 5 years old. which is kind of okay with me as the bead on runflats wont go back on in one piece when they are that old. different manufacturers have so many different procedures and recommendations for when, how and if a tire should be patched that everyone just errs on the side of caution to avoid a potential lawsuit, which isn't all that rare these days. for example. customer A brings in their flat tire for me to patch, I remove the nail and patch the tire in accordance with manufacturers instruction. if the tire blows out and caused a fatal collision the blame rests on the manufacturer. customer B brings in plugged tire to be patched. if that tire blows out and also caused a fatal collision the blame rests on the repair facility and the technician who repaired the tire. the tire and vehicle manufacturer's lawyer will look for any and all reason to throw someone else under the bus whether or not the blow out was due to the plug or not. those lawyer's are relentless and will turn the most infinitesimal and arguably unrelated deviation from the policies and procedures into the failure and use that to shift responsibility down onto someone else.

Good info!

I fell off a ladder and go under the "knife" on Monday.  I have filled out numerous forms looking to place fault on anything other then "your's truly" .  Sorry, I own this one!  :facepalm:

22 hours ago, corvettech said:

those lawyer's are relentless 

You wouldn’t believe all the crap involved with testing and making sure everything is perfect with a RR crossing because of this.