ACE @

HOXXOH

17 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Please deposit 5 cents for another two minutes.

^^^  That's not how it goes, it's like this. . .

. . .and the operator says "Forty cents more, for the next three minutes". . .

If you remember this song, you are OLD!  :jim:

9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

^^^  That's not how it goes, it's like this. . .

. . .and the operator says "Forty cents more, for the next three minutes". . .

If you remember this song, you are OLD!  :jim:

I know I'm old, but wait, if you obviously remember it from 1972, you must be OLD too. :rolf

Actually, my era music had already ended by 1970. Pay phones back then were a nickel for the first 5 minutes, before inflation bumped it up to a dime in the '60's.

7 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I know I'm old, but wait, if you obviously remember it from 1972, you must be OLD too. :rolf

Actually, my era music had already ended by 1970. Pay phones back then were a nickel for the first 5 minutes, before inflation bumped it up to a dime in the '60's.

I'm not old, I am just "well experienced."

I don't remember nickel payphones. Pay phones were a dime in my era, and when they later jacked the rate to $0.25 I was indignant! :smilelol

19 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

That’s Dr Hook, I’m not even that old...

....oh wait, just looked in the mirror, I am that old. :lol

11 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

That’s Dr Hook, I’m not even that old...

....oh wait, just looked in the mirror, I am that old. :lol

Yes, yes you are...but (just like the rest of us) only on the OUTSIDE.  :smilelol

On 8/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, Desertdawg said:

I remember BR549. Then later there was 8675309

My Dad was a huge Hee Haw fan, so I actually get the first reference. Jenny also says Hi!

On 8/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, Desertdawg said:

I remember BR549. Then later there was 8675309

On 8/2/2020 at 6:40 PM, theChad said:

My Dad was a huge Hee Haw fan, so I actually get the first reference. Jenny also says Hi!

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to embarrass Dawg about how old he is.  But the cat's out of the bag now! :lol

• Haha 1

I’m not old, I’m just .... well I’m ... ok I’m almost old. 

tehChad - teh second number is by Tommy Tutone. 

Nice pics Donna. I know we want to get up to Arches but I think we’ll wait for cooler temps. Have fun.

15 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

Nice pics Donna. I know we want to get up to Arches but I think we’ll wait for cooler temps. Have fun.

It is worth the trip. Spectacular scenery!

Mesa Verde today...

image000004.jpg.07119cd0b1113742d140b7e62f4484f1.jpgimage000006.thumb.jpg.ae4f160a741c3446a92572a3a0d8b808.jpg

• Like 1

Arches is cool as hell, if you really want to supplement the scenery take the drive on Highway 128 which borders the park to the south and east.  Its freaking amazing, you are right down on the Colorado River for the most part and the river canyon is amazing.  Plus, its an excuse to drive up through Monument Valley and you can't beat that

3 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Arches is cool as hell, if you really want to supplement the scenery take the drive on Highway 128 which borders the park to the south and east.  Its freaking amazing, you are right down on the Colorado River for the most part and the river canyon is amazing.  Plus, its an excuse to drive up through Monument Valley and you can't beat that

While I agree that 128 is a great drive, taking 313 to the middle of Canyonlands and the walking trail is an experience not to be missed. Rt 261 from 95 to 163 is epic if you dare to drive it. The 5 mile sidetrip on 316 just before the South end that goes to Goosenecks tops off the cruise through the Valley of the Gods prior to Mexican Hat and Monument Valley.

Utah is a great state for outstanding scenery in almost any part.

Roger 139.JPG

3 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

While I agree that 128 is a great drive, taking 313 to the middle of Canyonlands and the walking trail is an experience not to be missed. Rt 261 from 95 to 163 is epic if you dare to drive it. The 5 mile sidetrip on 316 just before the South end that goes to Goosenecks tops off the cruise through the Valley of the Gods prior to Mexican Hat and Monument Valley.

Utah is a great state for outstanding scenery in almost any part.

Roger 139.JPG

Excellent pointing Tom, well done!!

13 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

We cruised hwy 128, it was awesome!

• Like 1