reduced power / service traction control/ service active handling

insatiableOne

insatiableOne

Car was sitting overnight, started up to reduced engine power on DIC also service active handling, and service traction control all came up. Drove aroind the block, shut off, checked brake fluid. Full.

Started back up ok, but enginelight stayed on. Drove to work and they all cameback on? So got too many option when tried to lookup. 

First stop, battery.  A low battery will cause all of those warnings and this heat has been brutal on them so start there.

Yup, get your battery charged up and checked out and check the cable connections are clean and tight

I'm not sure about how all the wiring is on a C6, but I mentioned in another thread today that I just had to replace  the ignition switch on my C5.  I was have exactly the same trouble indicators and it was hit and miss. Contacts inside the ignition switch get fouled and it creates inconsistencies that throws trouble codes

• Upvote 1

insatiableOne

I just recently replaced the battery with an Interstate. Will check the connection on the other end. The top is clean and sprayed. 

Thank you will start there.

Those China Tech IIs are a crap shoot. Some are DOA, and others do not communicate with all of the modules in the car. Some, however, do seem to work OK. 

Don't spend more than you'd be comfortable losing would be my advice.  

I don't know where you are located, but if you are close to North Phoenix, I'd be happy to pull your codes with my Tech II.

• Upvote 1

insatiableOne

I live inTucson.

Might try Autozone to pull them. Did not get anything on DIC yesterday, but engine light still on. 

Thanks guys.

insatiableOne

Took it to pep boys had it scanned just out of curiosity. 

Came back tps ( throttle possition sensor) / and or throttle pedal switch. 

Earliest can run into dealership is monday morning. Long time to wait while is cutting out cylinders.  Still under warranty!

Was fine going to work, and halfway home hit the skinny pedal.. Bamm, backfire :o

Just have to baby it..

insatiableOne
6 minutes ago, Two Fangs said:

What is/are the actual code(s)?

??  couldn't read the numbers, only looked at the description. 

sorry I know not much help. I'll see if I can get the gm tech to tell me.

My C6 had a poor connection with the Throttle Body causing this.  If it's under warranty you're money.

insatiableOne

I replaced the negative battery terminal had corner of the ?? little wedge broken off it, to tighten. 

Also replaced the air filter. Reduced power, is off now, but.. the other two service lights are still on. Drewstein the plug sounds like a possibility. Lets see what my service order comes back to.

Wish I had more ambition for wiriring. Just was never a fan of it. 

You and me both.  I hate wiring, maybe I don't have the patience I guess.  The other lights may clear if there's no more triggers in a few cycles.  I'm interested in the results!

insatiableOne

codes

P2138

P0113

P0103

some pretty ugly wiring patch here

not to mention how bad the monsoons dirtied up my engine compartment 

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

If the dealer did that, ouch.

That completely jacks up my OCD.  No excuse for wiring to look like that.

Bromley's Corvettes

They could have at least put some loom over it lol. 

They should have done a pin drag test, replaced the affected terminals, and returned it with the factory loom and wires intact.

The only way that car would need a pigtail is if the car was burned or in an accident that completely destroyed the original harness. GM has everything required to perform just a terminal replacement.

• Upvote 1

insatiableOne

My buddies shop I  used to work in did high end car and truck builds. Watched him pull some terminals out and replaced the pins. (I did mechanical, and almost all his fabrication) 

Watson Chevrolet did this mess. (Tucson) Wonder what the other two sensors look like, haven't looked yet. Was thinking of ripping that eyesore out and either using some perma seal connections or just solder and heatshrink and put back into the loom.  :facepalm:

I'd do the latter. I am a wire guy and that kind of stuff just drives me nucking futs

• Upvote 1

insatiableOne

Me tooo! Can't stand poor craftsmanship

Thank You guys for your help here. 

Might give me an excuse to use this guy again. I like it because you can use it on the heatshrink by unscrewing the  tip to uncover the straight flame.

IMG_0211.JPG