ACE at the Pavilion June 3rd

JohnU

2 pm round up!  I'll get there earlier to be sure they know we're coming.  This is in front of McDonalds next to Indian Bend Rd not back in row two where "other" vettes park.  ACE is special!

2 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Would there be room for one more?

Yes, bring the '64.  We have a limit on yeller cars.  :facepalm:

old yeller
24 minutes ago, JohnU said:

You can only have so many of the fastest Vette's in one spot.  Probably need to throw some slow red one's in to balance it out.

I am in unless I get called in to work.:snky:

33 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Well, the '64 isn't yellow, so it should balance all those wonderful yeller ones.

Turn out was light at 5:00, came back at 8:00 and got a ride in a T-Bucket.  Met a nice young man, Alex, in a saddle tan split window in full patina.  His grandfather purchased it in '64.  It's great to meet up with some of the "youngsters" in the car world and hear the appreciation they have for cars.   It reminded me of my grandfather ordering his last new Chevy back in 1971.  I was begging him to get a Corvette.  Years later I inherited his 1971 Caprice Coupe, complete with caved in front bumper from hitting a Strohs beer truck in Detroit..... he gave up driving that day!

IMG_0668.JPG

John, looks like your reliving your youth with that big grin on your face. ?

SLAMMER?

11 hours ago, SLAMMER said:

John, looks like your reliving your youth with that big grin on your face. ?

SLAMMER?

Nothing better then wind in your hair....or on your head.  Lots of motor, good sounds and a lightweight body.

scottcolbath

Re-checking in. I'll be there.

S.C.

107 DEGREEEEEZZZZZ TOMORROW....Are we frickin' nuts???

Guest badbobs95
2 hours ago, mrhusker said:

107 DEGREEEEEZZZZZ TOMORROW....Are we frickin' nuts???

The answer to that question would be a resounding YES! 

You live in AZ, no complaining when it gets WARM! AZ skies are meant to be enjoyed year round looking up from a Corvette.:burnout

I don't understand the meet time requirement placed upon our group of 2:00 pm.  It won't be warm at that time, it will be miserably HOT.  I am afraid my Vette might melt!

2:00 is the time frame to get our "area".  Last weekend there was plenty of parking in the vette row (#2) at both times I was there.  5:00ish and 7:30ish.  I'd say treat it as a "rolling meet & great".  Roll in when the temp is to your liking and say hi to the Vetters in attendance. 

6 minutes ago, JohnU said:

2:00 is the time frame to get our "area".  Last weekend there was plenty of parking in the vette row (#2) at both times I was there.  5:00ish and 7:30ish.  I'd say treat it as a "rolling meet & great".  Roll in when the temp is to your liking and say hi to the Vetters in attendance. 

Thanks. I'll be there in October then. :lol

15 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I don't understand the meet time requirement placed upon our group of 2:00 pm.  It won't be warm at that time, it will be miserably HOT.  I am afraid my Vette might melt!

Hahahaha!!!  

We have to be there by 2. We're doing the drags at 5-6. 

I'll take you over for some ice cream at McDonalds.  

On 5/10/2017 at 10:49 PM, HOXXOH said:

Kids in Mustangs have been duped into believing it's a real sports car. Nose heavy and too much power in their hands leads to :fail:

It's true. My 19 year old daughter just decided she's grown up and put her mustang on Craigslist last night. She's turning 20 next week so it's time. 

Teen girls = mustangs. 

?

Well Mo' A DAY LATE as the saying goes!

she should have bought your white C5. It really looked super clean after you took the foil wrapper off! 

SLAMMER?

3 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

Well Mo' A DAY LATE as the saying goes!

she should have bought your white C5. It really looked super clean after you took the foil wrapper off! 

SLAMMER?

She wants a .......

omg

hybrid. 

Other daughter has a Prius. I do not know who raised them. 

I made them vegetarian and to have a love of fast cars. I guess those two things don't really go together and one wins out eventually. 

45 minutes ago, aenigma said:

She wants a .......

omg

hybrid. 

Other daughter has a Prius. I do not know who raised them. 

I made them vegetarian and to have a love of fast cars. I guess those two things don't really go together and one wins out eventually. 

So long as they are good and productive members of our Society is all a parent can hope for these days!

SLAMMER ?

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

Hahahaha!!!  

We have to be there by 2. We're doing the drags at 5-6. 

I'll take you over for some ice cream at McDonalds.  

DONE!   Ice cream is one of my major food groups (besides chocolate and coffee).