Route 66 Fun Run

Vetteguy22

I'm new to the area and ran across an add for the 30 th anniversary of the Historic Route 66 Fun Run from Seligman to Topock/Golden Shores on May 5-7.

has anyone done this before? Anyone planning on doing it this year?

Im going, but taking the Charger instead of the Vette, more room for bags, cooler and chairs. if your going I would book your room in Seligman soon as they go fast.

I was fortunate to have gone 3 times.  I went on the very first run where the ribbon was cut by the then Arizona Governor, Rose Moffard.  Then again in 1995 when the Master of Ceremonies was Will Rogers Jr.( spitting image of his Father).  I went once more at a later date that I can't remember when they added Golden Shores to the route.  They were all a lot of fun, but as they became "more organized", they became somewhat less enjoyable. If I recall, we stayed in a motel in Kingman each time.  My favorite stop was in Oatman.  This is one that needs to be on your Bucket List!

Lew Shaw

I went in either '89 or '90. The second or third run. They might have had ~300 cars and rooms were hard to find then. I think you had to show up just to register, since online didn't exist. Stayed in a room at the Grand Canyon Caverns and drove back to the start in Seligman the next morning. If you want the old Rt 66 experience stay at the Canyon motel and go up earlier the day before and take the cave tour, because you won't have time during the car tour.