"SHOW YOUR SHINE"

dwdrummer

Post pic of your car shine and products that you used to get it that way.....I used Zaino showcar shine kit. Wash, clay, wash, Z2, Z5, Z8 for last step process. all applied with Porter cable. NEXT!!!

20120615_234642.jpg

20120602_184333.jpg

Guest badbobs95

If you take the time to do all that work, every product will make your car shine, but for how long and will it protect it from the air born contaminates that will have you claying your car in six weeks. I have now detailed over 400 Corvettes and I have never used a drop of wax. Because wax gets soft at 90 degrees and lets everything stick to it. Synthetic polymer sealers or ceramics will not get soft in the Arizona heat. I haven't clayed my car since I bought it 5 years ago, just polish and re-seal. This isn't a plug but I use Liquid Glass and every customer of mine is so impressed with the results. If you ask 5 people, you will get 5 different opinions. But your car looks great!new%20side_zpssx6plunt.jpganother%20hood_zpso8ffsw6y.jpg

insatiableOne
3 minutes ago, JohnU said:

I submit my forehead................

john-ulrich.jpg

What type of wax and how aplied to acheive that level of sheen is missing, don't leave em hanging in suspense!

1 hour ago, insatiableOne said:

What type of wax and how aplied to acheive that level of sheen is missing, don't leave em hanging in suspense!

Good old fashion head oil.  Buff as needed!

Guest badbobs95
2 hours ago, insatiableOne said:

You are INSATIABLE!   :weirdo:

20 hours ago, Dvl4evr said:

Yeah, and drive it too.

Boom! Opps never mind cuz I fall in that latter category as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to add system.

1 - Don't wash. We all know I don't drive it so what's the point of wasting time and water.

2 - Air hose with blow gun to remove the dust then wipe down with detail spray.

3 - Meguire's scratch and haze remover.

4 - Liquid Glass. How many coats depends on how ambitious I feel.

3 & 4 applied with a Porter Cable polisher with various pads. 

5 - Done. Put back in the garage.

I bet I'm the only one that has that process!!!??

Clay and Rejex every 6 months. Run it through a car wash in-between. DD, road car, and occasional dragstrip duty tends to get it dirty, but that's what happens when they leave the garage.

Windex and steel wool here! :thumbs

lol jk jk it's really just wash, Adams paint sealer(every few months) , and detail spray or waterless wash. I really need to take it all the way back down and clay then add the sealants and polish again. Bobs car looks great. When I first saw it I thought he sprayed it with cooking spray for that wet look but I was wrong.

I will say an awesome product for after you wash and drive and have light dust etc is which is a bit safer than a detail spray is Adams waterless wash. Its extremely inexpensive if you buy the concentrate "rinseless wash" then make the waterless wash formula following the instructions which is 16oz distilled water with 1-2oz of rinseless wash in a spray bottle. 

IMG_0444.JPG

20 hours ago, 1EVILC6 said:

a little steel wool, tape and Turtle wax......

nn.thumb.jpg.debddf365a903c78ab90cc57e526c234.jpgnnn.thumb.jpg.a9d475f25377826eea0056b1abaf02b1.jpgnnnn.thumb.jpg.1fc1848ee369da48eb8167f5e373ac96.jpgnnnnn.thumb.jpg.cfecdeb2d590449a0cc0b73bb99647dd.jpgnnnnnn.thumb.jpg.84cf0d124302b86849662c0455d76d04.jpgnnnnnnn.thumb.jpg.72f91214924e7d8aa9facbc652c6103a.jpg

SICK!

7 hours ago, insatiableOne said:

I like that tape idea! will try it next time.

Doing so definitely cuts the clean up time in half! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Bad Bob for removing the bird Doodoo stain on the C7. That stuff can etch the clear coat.The car looks like brand-new. Thanks again