Engineers/science volunteers needed

Dvl4evr

My wife is a 6th grade science teacher at an east valley elementary school.  At the end of the month, the school is having their annual science fair.  The fair is in dire need of judges.  If you are an engineer or in any type of science based job, and would like to volunteer to be a judge, please PM me.

Thanks,

Jim 

I did this last year and I don't think they want me back. :lol

Some of the exhibits showed a lot of thought and research and some were only minimally done as a requirement. I called them as I saw them.

18 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

I did this last year and I don't think they want me back. :lol

Some of the exhibits showed a lot of thought and research and some were only minimally done as a requirement. I called them as I saw them.

Tom,

My wife was very appreciative that you & your friend judged last year, and would love for you to help again, if you're so inclined.

That being said, she is at a different school now, so you can crush the emotions of a whole other group of youngsters. :lol.  PM me for details if you would like to judge.

15 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good to know that Tom is giving some of the next generation a reality check!

I like the sound of that!

23 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good to know that Tom is giving some of the next generation a reality check!

While participation is lauded, you shouldn't get a trophy for that alone. Not everyone will get straight A's in every class, but everyone has the same chance to learn.

Winners are encouraged by their success to continue winning. Non-winners (aka losers) learn to either try harder in the same area or find a different area where they can excel. Whatever you learn when losing, is still winning something. The only real losers are the ones who learn nothing.

I always like to win, but if it wasn't for losing, I would have never learned anything.:lol

• 2 weeks later...

A HUGE thank you goes out to Tom & his buddy Joe, for volunteering their time.  They helped judge the science fair, far from home.  My wife and the kids REALLY appreciate it!  :ACE:. rules!