This might be a fun trip

HarleyPat

2016 Corvette Invasion in Austin TX.

They are deciding on the 2017 dates for this event. Might be a fun couple day road trip. More details to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

That's 2 solid days of driving each way. Unless we drive like Vette drivers :lol 

2 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

That's 2 solid days of driving each way. Unless we drive like Vette drivers :lol 

Like you've got something better to do? :burnout

3 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

Like you've got something better to do? :burnout

Dawg has babysitting duties that weekend, I'm sure.

8 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

. . . and that would be a problem why?  :blink

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Would be nice if they provided some details.

I know...been trying to get those ever since I met the guy online.

There's some info on their Facebook event that someone posted on the ACE FB group

:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1884573441828551/

Some details from the FB event for those no-FB folks:

SRE Promotions presents the next #CorvetteInvasion 
This year’s event will be bigger and better than ever. We have cars coming in from all over the United States and Mexico. 
On Friday Night, we encourage you to come explore downtown Austin, check out the local bars and restaurants on the famous Congress Blvd. 
Saturday morning all Corvette owners will meetup at the Circuit of the Americas racetrack for a Corvette Car Show, Super Go-Kart Racing and Track Tours. (More details coming soon regarding Saturday night)
Then finally on Sunday morning come back for experience of a lifetime and drive your Corvette on the only F1 track in America. 
(PLEASE NOTE: These laps will be at a controlled speed. Helmets are not required but are recommend)
Prices will vary on which package you choose from. More details coming soon
*** Tickets for Go-Karts and Tours must be purchase separate from your Corvette Invasion Registration.

Click on www.CorvetteInvasion.com for more details.

I'll Calendarize this for the future and point to this thread.

Thanks Chad....was just about to post this info. Shawn Jones has been my contact for this event. He is supposed to let me know if there is a host hotel and costs for same. I'm thinking this will be two day trip there, two days at the show and two days back. I did find some hotels in the area that run around $120 a night but waiting to hear if a deal for rooms was made. Wondering if the club has any interest in this road trip.

I am looking at those dates as I have to go back east two weeks after that. Would make a real long circle around the country.

:flagAnnie and I have made this trip many times going to Fredericksburg, TX.  In a '72 Blazer, at 10MPG and a 20 gallon tank, we made MANY gas stops and would spend the night in Ft Stockton.  Always between 10.5-11 hour drive.  Less than 5 hours to Fredericksburg next day.  This was driving pretty much at posted speed limit, Texas was 70MPH then.  In the Corvettes, the same amount of time should place the group in Sonora.  The Comfort Inn is top rated and Hotels.com quotes $72.00 for Thursday night.  Get off I10 at 290, drive through Fredericksburg and into Austin.  Would be between 4-5 hours.  Might want to stop in Fredericksburg, pretty neat town with strong German influence.  Admiral Nimitz was born and raised there.  Really great food and bakeries to die for.

When reaching El Paso, take the Anthony exit.  This provides a bypass around El Paso, driving through the military reservation.  This was not available back when we would go to Fredericksburg, but we use it every Oct going back to TN, pulling a 32' travel trailer.  A few more miles, BUT a lot less time.   Driving through El Paso on I10 is a nightmare to say the least.  Can provide exact directions for bypass.  Or, you can take exit 6 in Texas, The Woodrow Bean Trans Mountain Rd. Also provides a bypass of El Paso, just very steep and windy over top of the mountain.  On the way back, we would stop in Las Cruces, but with the cars, Deming or Lordsburg would be possible.  Several decent places in Deming Monday night, $55-$75.  Lordsburg shows about the same.

Chas :burnout

• 3 weeks later...