Cruise on Central

suprone

Cruise on Central sucked. I was there about 1:30 and cops were all over the place. I made one pass and I left. They also had a lot of parking along central blocked so there wasn't much of a crowd.

JLs Mistress

This used to be my favorite event But I gave up on it about two years ago ..Not sure Nancy has anything to do with the police show of force it more the current Police chief and his hard line approach toward control ... 

her. The new police chief is a her. Yes they were getting Squirrley and they even cleared people off the sidewalks that were sitting in their chairs there for safety.  The asphalt had to be 115°. Was there but left around 330 

Well its not called "Burnouts on Central", had folks been a bit more dialed into that fact in the past then maybe LEO doesn't have to come in and make sure no one is going to put bystanders in harms way. Enough Cars n Coffee burnout fails on YouTube to prove that it happens often enough

I'm just one persons opinion though and I'm sure my opinion won't be the popular one

• Upvote 1

JLs Mistress
47 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

Well its not called "Burnouts on Central", had folks been a bit more dialed into that fact in the past then maybe LEO doesn't have to come in and make sure no one is going to put bystanders in harms way. Enough Cars n Coffee burnout fails on YouTube to prove that it happens often enough

I'm just one persons opinion though and I'm sure my opinion won't be the popular one

Jim you do know "Burnouts on Central"  is part of the Cruise On Center history right, always has been ... That's why some go down just too see the burnouts. Not saying you are wrong only stating the History . In the past I have had a policeman standing beside me on the sidewalk watching the burnouts. it seems one year you can the next you can't ??? ... Not sure what causes that change year to year... Again I  agree and understand the safety must come first... I must admit I do like watching the burnouts ...  O Well times they are a changing ... 

5 hours ago, JLs Mistress said:

I must admit I do like watching the burnouts ...  O Well times they are a changing ... 

Darn right, it's always more fun watching the next guy waste an expensive set of tires and possible U-joint grenading for extra points.  The economic effect was felt Sunday by tire stores not selling tires to the participants.  :burnout

Sorry to hear the cruise  wasn't as eventful....I missed it as we were tired after spending the afternoon on the hot concrete at Gila Bend airport.

I am JUST guessing but that might have been the last one.  The PD was out in force and well prepared to shut down access to Central Avenue.  That was not a casual thing/decision but well thought out.  Many locations along Central were closed off and plenty of cops were out there.  Once they closed it down, I suspect there was "zero tolerance".  Saw a motorcycle cop write a citation to a Volvo for driving through the cones trying to get onto Central Ave.  Kiss it goodbye?  We'll see if Nancy Perry tries to bring it back for April