Now titled "Corvettes & Caddies" continues

Guest badbobs95

Here's Tom again at the Pavilion going for the Saturday "Corvette Double Header".  Vette night turned into VW night with literally hundreds of "bugs" swarming the lot.  When I left at 4:00 onto the 101, there were lines of micro buses coming in.  Must have been a "bug-in".  I hated to leave Tom to fend for himself against them.

IMG_6860.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

I hate bugs, they're so hard to scrub off my truck bumper. 

Welcome back Tom. I must have missed the homecoming thread :eek 

Guest badbobs95

Always fun hanging out with Corvette peeps. Had some new faces this month. Folks coming and going all morning. Thanks to all you people that braved the bitter cold, beautiful day, nobody got frostbitten. :smilelol

• 1 month later...

You guys must've had to go home and get your sleep early ?

We got to the Pavs a little after 7 and parked with the THREE other corvettes in the empty corvette row. 

7 hours ago, aenigma said:

You guys must've had to go home and get your sleep early ?

We got to the Pavs a little after 7 and parked with the THREE other corvettes in the empty corvette row. 

The lot tends to pack up and go home after a 4:00 pm.  I stopped at 6:00 and caught Tom with his '82 as he was leaving. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnU said:

The lot tends to pack up after a 4:00 pm.  I stopped at 6:00 and caught Tom with his '82 as he was leaving. 

It was a little more crazy there at 7.  We went to the drags just to find out they errorred in their advertisement of drags that night so we headed over to the Pavs after swapping out cars. We usually don't go that late. We'll probably be back this Saturday a bit earlier. 

Guest badbobs95
11 hours ago, JohnU said:

I would have figured BabBob would be giving a "Shamwow" demo!

I've been trying to come up with a good lie about not going yesterday but no luck. I just didn't want to be the only one dumb enough to drive to a car meet in the rain! Sorry John, made it a movie marathon day. :bananaparty:

John, keep in mind that 50* temps, chance of rain greater then 20% is pretty sever weather (winter) for us and who would want to go out in that kind of weather if you didn't have too. 

Guest badbobs95

Another reminder it has been permanently moved to the third Saturday of every month so it doesn't coincide with Cars & Coffee in Snottsdale which is also being moved to a new location I've been told anyway. Check your local listings.

good idea!

There are moving from Gainey Ranch AFTER the March event

First Saturday Motorsports Gathering

HEADS UP!!!  We're moving on April 1st to our new location - 7000 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85054.  That's on the west side of Scottsdale Road between Mayo and the 101 freeway.  More space!!!

Join us each month on the first Saturday from 7:00 - 10:00 am  for a gathering of some of the most amazing cars in the world!  Here's a little sample-> https://vimeo.com/200770262

Gainey Village last show on March 4th.

• 1 month later...
chadmac99c5
On 5/17/2016 at 11:29 AM, Extender32 said:

I guess I'll have to wait until July to attend the next one.

I'M GUESSING THAT IS 7:00PM OR AM??

5 hours ago, chadmac99c5 said:

I'M GUESSING THAT IS 7:00PM OR AM??

AM

• 2 months later...

Hey, any chance we are going to have any industry professionals showing up? I was thinking it would be great to have breakout sessions along the line of quick 15 to 30 minute talks/demonstrations designed to help make our vettes better. Examples could be Detailing Demo for eliminating swirl in paint, Car Tuning, Audio setup. I know many of us have expertise or have done some really cool stuff to our cars, it would be fun to hear about/share that.

Usually a few of our detailer crew are out there for brain storming sessions.  I'm bringing my race car if people want a ride.

94transamgt
1 hour ago, Drewstein said:

Usually a few of our detailer crew are out there for brain storming sessions.  I'm bringing my race car if people want a ride.

I'll head out there, If I could get a ride in that turbo beast.

joe@cpr.com
1 hour ago, Drewstein said:

i'm bringing the c5 :) i'll freight train that thing. 

We're gonna miss this one.  Car is still dusty and bugged up from last weeks pre-fathers day cruise.  So instead, we're going to Flag to have lunch with my son and escape the heat for a few hours.

Guest badbobs95
1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

We're gonna miss this one.  Car is still dusty and bugged up from last weeks pre-fathers day cruise.  So instead, we're going to Flag to have lunch with my son and escape the heat for a few hours.

Understood! See ya soon buddy!!!!!!!!!