Prescott Corvette Show - 10th Annual

Chameleon

Saturday, September 24, 2016

10th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Show

Prescott Vette Sette, the club that hosts this event, has been listening to input from participating Corvette owners, and is working very hard to make this event better.

Show organizers have assured me that (unlike last year) if ACE Corvettes arrive as a group (all at the same time), we will be parked together as a group.  The only requirement is that we give them a head count one week before the show - and I have committed to doing that.

So, if you are interested in participating, go here for details and to register:

http://www.prescottvettesette.org/carshow.htm

If you plan to attend and would like to enter/park in the show as a group on Saturday morning, meet up in time to depart as a group at 8:15. 

MEET POINT: Parking lot of Mile High Middle School.  West Carleton Avenue ends in this parking lot, which is located 1/2 block west of the intersection of West Carleton Avenue and South Montezuma Street. Hope this linky works. . .  

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5398868,-112.4700054,537m/data=!3m1!1e3

SEE YOU THERE!

IN:

JLs Mistress

Grumpy C7

Coconut Girl

Scott

HarleyPat

SLAMMER

Chameleon

badbobs95

LMBZ4ME

insatiableOne

Tkane

08 Vert

MAYBE:

Extender32

SRT/Vette

coconut girl

Already signed up.

This will be my 10th car show!

That will be two cars for us (my bother Scott and myself).

We have met at the Costco parking lot on Hwy 69 in the past.

Let's get there a little earlier that last year so we don't get parked in the middle of the street.

That is the biggest Vette show in AZ correct?  Might be a good time to drive out a Vette to store for "snow-bird" season.

@coconut girl, Costco works but with all the lights and other traffic we get separated.  That sucks.  I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Prescott so I think I'll come up sometime soon to scope out an alternate meetpoint. Open to any suggestions you might have!

1 minute ago, JohnU said:

That is the biggest Vette show in AZ correct?  Might be a good time to drive out a Vette to store for "snow-bird" season.

Yes!

coconut girl
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, Chameleon said:

@coconut girl, Costco works but with all the lights and other traffic we get separated.  That sucks.  I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Prescott so I think I'll come up sometime soon to scope out an alternate meetpoint. Open to any suggestions you might have!

Which way are you coming up?

I-17 or 89?

I will look for another parking lot we can use.

I'll be coming up Hwy 89. For the show I will come up the Friday before.

For a meetpoint the morning of the show I was thinking of someplace close to the square so we don't have a bunch of lights or suspension-smashing dips to go through.

coconut girl

I will scout out a new meet up point that meets your criteria.

Do you think the group coming up Saturday will be coming up I-17?

There usually are some coming up I-17 on Saturday, others come up 89.

I think the route up doesn't really matter, because we all must end up downtown at the square anyway. 

My thought is, for a meet point, the closer to the square the better - that will make it easier to stay together and enter the show as a group. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna miss this, again, this year, as we'll be out of town, again...sorry.  We know we need the numbers...

Dave, sorry to hear you can't make it.  Not about numbers, just getting together with other Corvette peeps and having a nice weekend. :P

• 1 month later...

I will finally be able to make this! Looking forward to it!

Couldn't find any way to register on the link. Never Mind! Found it. :sorry:

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:06 AM, HarleyPat said:

I will finally be able to make this! Looking forward to it!

Hi Pat!  Look forward to seeing you and Suzy!

I've always wanted to attend this show but work always got in the way. Now that I'm semi retired, no excuses. Sent my registration in last week. It will just be me however, Susie just isn't up to it. :(

A few of my friends from the Simi Valley CA club will be coming up for this event too. Will be nice to see them.

On 5/18/2016 at 5:57 PM, Chameleon said:

There usually are some coming up I-17 on Saturday, others come up 89.

I think the route up doesn't really matter, because we all must end up downtown at the square anyway. 

My thought is, for a meet point, the closer to the square the better - that will make it easier to stay together and enter the show as a group. . .

I think I know a spot where everyone can meet up. It's the same parking lot that has the Brown Bag burgers. This is where Julie and I go when we make our burger run up to Prescott. It's a large lot and only 3 blocks from the square and no turns other than turning out of the lot. The official address is 150 Sheldon St.

I appreciate the suggestion,  and it is close as the crow flies.  However, it is on the wrong side of the square from the show entrance, so about 7 blocks with traffic lights, stop signs and Corvette-unfriendly dips in the road between that parking lot and the show entrance. :(  

JLs Mistress
2 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I think I know a spot where everyone can meet up. It's the same parking lot that has the Brown Bag burgers. This is where Julie and I go when we make our burger run up to Prescott. It's a large lot and only 3 blocks from the square and no turns other than turning out of the lot. The official address is 150 Sheldon St.

Greg not sure but I think this is on the opposite side of the square  from where they have everybody enter . But  if I'm wrong you are right about good location. Guess it depends how many cars we have in the group ...

yeah, it's about 3 blocks east of the square but still a heck of a lot closer that meeting at COSTCO.

I signed up months ago! However forgot to throw my name on the list of people going. Greg I'm guessing sense your suggesting a new meeting place your signed up to come along?? I spend a couple nights up there so as to relax and not feel rushed to get back home. Last year did some drinking and dancing with corvette friends. 

Anyone on the fence come on up and party with old friends. Better yet spend the night and have a really great time with no worries of a DUI. 

SLAMMER

We're undecided, if we do, it would be just for the day as we don't have a puppy sitter.