So, it has begun.......

FNBADAZ06

6 minutes ago, Dvl4evr said:

So I take it you see broken valve springs frequently then?

Sadly yes, I absolutely hate having singles in this thing. 

Not frequently, but have seen people break them from mechanically over revving the motor. Like doing a 3-2 shift under wot. And with anything you make enough of something you'll eventually have some failures. I just would never put a potential failure point on my motor when a dual spring could prevent it. Nothing is being gained here from a single beehive that would be witnessed at this level of racing. I know it's odd to see a builder say this but it's how I feel. 

Quid Pro Quo.

You want a 'light' valvetrain, beehive springs is where it's at but I understand Joe's concern. I've always used double springs. My car is peaking at above 7200rpm so I'lll be shifting way higher than that, so I definitely need a 'safety' back up spring. With that being said, if beehive springs are good for Katech, I'm sure Victor will be ok. He's gonna need it when he lines up next to me!:P

36 minutes ago, NachosZO6 said:

Quid Pro Quo.

You want a 'light' valvetrain, beehive springs is where it's at but I understand Joe's concern. I've always used double springs. My car is peaking at above 7200rpm so I'lll be shifting way higher than that, so I definitely need a 'safety' back up spring. With that being said, if beehive springs are good for Katech, I'm sure Victor will be ok. He's gonna need it when he lines up next to me!:P

Hell yeah !!!! I'm going to have to figure out some other tricks to get the edge, but you're ON, Nacho !!!!!:burnout

temporary_zpsjc3tbiic.jpg

temporary_zpsumbmxnad.jpg

2 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

Hell yeah !!!! I'm going to have to figure out some other tricks to get the edge, but you're ON, Nacho !!!!!:burnout

temporary_zpsjc3tbiic.jpg

Well you better do something different to win the race, other than that ugly clear blue custom wrap. The aerodynamic drag penalty will kill you.

It's in...YAY !!!! Accessory drives, fueling needs completion.....maybe Friday she'll be making some noise :thumbs:14441104_536871406506910_555376137374327

Flex fuel :)

14379669_536871653173552_539633344088331

35 minutes ago, insatiableOne said:

I'm digging this so far.

Whats the aim or end anticipation here? if i missed it.

To have a running car !!!! LOL

Beyond that, I'm going to attempt to get my drag racing crown back, do some 1/2 mile, 1 mile, and 1.5 mile events, some HPDE's again, and get my 200 MPH certificate to frame and put in my office.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, insatiableOne said:

sweet

That is a goal to aim for for sure. Good luck to you for the 200 mph. ( mile I imagine) 

Yes, 1.5 mile for 200..which it will do easily. Might be able to do it in 1 mile , standing start, with the spray :) 

Mario is installing my LNC-2000 spark retard/launch control box, and I don't think Nic is available for my retune until early next week.

Then I'll get a few miles on it before regular WOT pulls......shouldn't take me too long :)

Just at an idle, is cool. :thumbs

However, I'm betting it's too much to expect that the tech at WHP will believe it's stock. :smilelol

21 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Just at an idle, is cool. :thumbs

However, I'm betting it's too much to expect that the tech at WHP will believe it's stock. :smilelol

I doubt even closing the exhaust valves will get me by the "it's stock" LOL

2 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

I doubt even closing the exhaust valves will get me by the "it's stock" LOL

Yeah! I guess it's hard to hide when the whole car is shaking like it's about to have an orgasm.

1 minute ago, HOXXOH said:

Yeah! I guess it's hard to hide when the whole car is shaking like it's about to have an orgasm.

with the 110 cam ;-)