So, it has begun.......

FNBADAZ06

All engine related hardware has been delivered to CPR in preperation of the engine assembly.

Car gets delivered on Friday September 2nd for the installation. Hope to have it up and running the following week :)

Added the Katech blue ported oil pump,  Smith trunion kit, and the flex fuel kit to the build.

Will it ever end ?? LOL

So after a couple of TnT's at WHP, will you be ready for a Sac trip Dec 31-Jan 1? Sonoma schedule not up yet, but it's a maybe too.

Good air and good fun ahead.

1 hour ago, NachosZO6 said:

What's SAC?

Sacramento raceway.

They have a TnT on Dec 31 and race on Jan 1. The elevation is 105' and the DA can easily go negative in t-shirt weather.

I'm pretty sure RR Bob is going. Wanna go along? 

6 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

So after a couple of TnT's at WHP, will you be ready for a Sac trip Dec 31-Jan 1? Sonoma schedule not up yet, but it's a maybe too.

Good air and good fun ahead.

I'm going to be out of town during that time frame, but I might be up for something like we did before in January ?

37 minutes ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

I'm going to be out of town during that time frame, but I might be up for something like we did before in January ?

Uh, so Sacramento is out of town too. :lol

They have a TnT every Saturday, so maybe tying it to a Sunday at Sonoma would work.

I'll keep checking the Sonoma website for an updated schedule.

14 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Uh, so Sacramento is out of town too. :lol

They have a TnT every Saturday, so maybe tying it to a Sunday at Sonoma would work.

I'll keep checking the Sonoma website for an updated schedule.

We went MLK weekend the last time, correct ?

5 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

We went MLK weekend the last time, correct ?

Yes, and that was 2011. RR Bob and I went Jan 2-5, 2015.

No way will I be inclined to run as fast on the way back home either. :ack

37 minutes ago, NachosZO6 said:

That's a 10hr drive! That's quite a drive I must say. But I guess negative DA is worth it.

Sacramento and Sonoma are the close ones. I've run the Vette in NJ, FL, OH, and IN while on road trips. Hoping to run in MD and TX this Nov.

Maryland? You going to that event the guys from CF is putting together? Sounds like a hell of a time.

On 9/5/2016 at 8:39 PM, NachosZO6 said:

Maryland? You going to that event the guys from CF is putting together? Sounds like a hell of a time.

Yeah, I'm signed up w/deposit. Still not a lock to go, but planning. I have family in VA, NC, SC to visit around Thanksgiving too. I'd hit a Dallas track either going or coming back. Depending on the timing, I like to do the Tail of the Dragon, while in NC.

1 hour ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Sadly yes, I absolutely hate having singles in this thing. 

Joseph.....don't be hatin'.

Just being honest man. I truly am not a fan of a single spring. There is absolutely no protection from dropping a valve in the event a spring breaks. 

27 minutes ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Just being honest man. I truly am not a fan of a single spring. There is absolutely no protection from dropping a valve in the event a spring breaks. 

So I take it you see broken valve springs frequently then?