Corvettes & Caffeine this Sat, May 7 is the last one.

Guest badbobs95

Grape Ape
1 hour ago, scottcolbath said:

And there's also the gathering on the third Saturday morning at the Penske dealerships on Scottsdale just south of 101.

S.C.

Elaborate please. Never heard of this one.

Its everything, but mostly exotics. Typically a ton of Vettes, mustangs, CTSVs, etc, but a lot of Ferraris, Lambos, Ford GTs, Porsche etc. The quality and variety of cars is top notch. The problem is the parking and sheer number of people that go. It gets crazy packed. 

I was at Penske C&C twice.  Interesting crowd.....I found trying to talk to owners of older classics about the restoration fruitless.  They were recently purchased and knew nothing about the history.  Now I know there are owners there who are informed hands on builders but I have not met one yet.....I'll keep trying.

ThatDudeWood

granted I hadn't been to a C&C in a while, the ones I attended were pretty nice....sad to see they will be no more.

scottcolbath
On May 9, 2016 at 6:55 PM, mrhusker said:

Elaborate please. Never heard of this one.

Aside from what has already been posted, I've seen some nice cars and talked with plenty of owners who knew their stuff. One that stands out is a 196x Mustang owned and built by a guy who was taller than me. I'm 6'5". This guy had to be 6'8". Anyway, his black Mustang was sanitary, detailed and straight as an arrow. A beautiful car, and he did all the work and was thrilled to tell me all about it.

As I said before, third Saturday of the month. It starts around 7:00 A.M. and does get busy. So getting there early is a good idea.

http://carsandcoffee.com/clubs/scottsdale/

There is free coffee and other Starbucks drinks and water. Plus, you get to enjoy the Penske museum.

S.C.

Guest badbobs95
12 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

Aside from what has already been posted, I've seen some nice cars and talked with plenty of owners who knew their stuff. One that stands out is a 196x Mustang owned and built by a guy who was taller than me. I'm 6'5". This guy had to be 6'8". Anyway, his black Mustang was sanitary, detailed and straight as an arrow. A beautiful car, and he did all the work and was thrilled to tell me all about it.

As I said before, third Saturday of the month. It starts around 7:00 A.M. and does get busy. So getting there early is a good idea.

There is free coffee and other Starbucks drinks and water. Plus, you get to enjoy the Penske museum.

S.C.

OK, this is still in the works but I've been talking with Greg (owner of Bourbon St. Wraps) and we are planning on continuing the tradition at his location in Chandler starting June 4th. Click on the link for his location. He has plenty of parking, a huge garage and two restrooms. Please help us out by coming out so we can keep this thing going. I'll start a new thread soon with more info.

http://bourbonstwraps.com/  

Guest badbobs95
12 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

S.C.

I almost forgot, Ted, you will be missed! :ack:

23 minutes ago, badbobs95 said:

OK, this is still in the works but I've been talking with Greg (owner of Bourbon St. Wraps) and we are planning on continuing the tradition at his location in Chandler starting June 4th. Click on the link for his location. He has plenty of parking, a huge garage and two restrooms. Please help us out by coming out so we can keep this thing going. I'll start a new thread soon with more info.

Big thumbs up BadBob!  Thanks for putting something together.

Chas :cool

I only get one Saturday a month off so after some solid plans are made I will have to make some adjustments. Thanks to everyone who is stepping up to fill the void.

ThatDudeWood
On 5/11/2016 at 7:26 AM, badbobs95 said:

Bob, did you have you car wrapped? 

On 5/11/2016 at 7:26 AM, badbobs95 said:

Please include a list of close by hotels, so the westsiders who don't go to bed right after dinner on Friday can sleep until daylight and still arrive before everyone leaves. It's so far that the entire State of Rhode Island would fit the long way between Peoria/Surprise and the Bourbon St Wraps location. :lol

1 hour ago, HOXXOH said:

Please include a list of close by hotels, so the westsiders who don't go to bed right after dinner on Friday can sleep until daylight and still arrive before everyone leaves. It's so far that the entire State of Rhode Island would fit the long way between Peoria/Surprise and the Bourbon St Wraps location. :lol

Says the guy who drives all the way to Sacramento because they have better air to drag race  :lol 

On 5/9/2016 at 5:28 PM, scottcolbath said:

That's more for the Euro stuff, isn't it?

And there's also the gathering on the third Saturday morning at the Penske dealerships on Scottsdale just south of 101.

S.C.

so what time does Penske start up, especially now in the summer?

scottcolbath
On May 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM, az57chevy said:

so what time does Penske start up, especially now in the summer?

I'd get there at 7:00.

S.C.

Guest badbobs95
On 5/12/2016 at 11:17 AM, HOXXOH said:

We could always have it at your house Tom!!!  :ack:

15 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

We could always have it at your house Tom!!!  :ack:

Yes, but there are no hotels close by for the Eastsiders and I only have two extra rooms and don't serve breakfast. :rolf

On 5/9/2016 at 8:56 PM, JohnU said:

I was at Penske C&C twice.  Interesting crowd.....I found trying to talk to owners of older classics about the restoration fruitless.  They were recently purchased and knew nothing about the history.  Now I know there are owners there who are informed hands on builders but I have not met one yet.....I'll keep trying.

Kinda thin crowd this week.  First time I went there.  Lots of Porsches, many of which needed help backing into a parking space?

Gainey Ranch has lots more cars and variety