• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theChad

• Eddie44

• Extender32

• XxDoubledgexX

27 minutes ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

What time and location for the west side crew are we meeting?

I'm at 83rd/Beardsley, so I'll likely head up Lake Pleasant toward Wickenburg unless you want to meet up first. Lowe's at Happy Valley/Lake Pleasant, or even Wildhorse on Lake Pleasant & the Carefree Hwy are good spots. 

NORTH / WEST Side:
McDonald's @ I-17 & Carefree Hwy (Just east) - Departure time ~08:15

Or... Just head to Wickenburg Burger King.  

Come on folks, this is coming up this Saturday. You're going to miss a fun cruise if you don't sign up now!  

Extender32

Were not gonna be able to make it. Since my son is in town, were gonna have a little family gathering.

1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

Were not gonna be able to make it. Since my son is in town, were gonna have a little family gathering.

Well, since it's a Father's Day themed cruise, and you're doing alternate Father's Day type of stuff, I suppose I can let it slide this time. Take this opportunity to tell your son that he should join you next year when we do this again !! :thumbs

Extender32
5 hours ago, theChad said:

Well, since it's a Father's Day themed cruise, and you're doing alternate Father's Day type of stuff, I suppose I can let it slide this time. Take this opportunity to tell your son that he should join you next year when we do this again !! :thumbs

Absolutely!

1 minute ago, 1jester said:

What about the yArnel fire?is it along our route?

Still 3 days out, fire probably long gone by the time the run happens.  Too soon to push the panic button

Extender32
3 hours ago, JohnU said:

Greg,

You have a spare Vette for him to drive don't cha?  :burnout

Yeah, but it's still at Bromelys

coconut girl

Fire in Yarnell has burned 700 acres and it is slightly smoky on the west side of Prescott.

Will keep you posted.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, theChad said:

Excellent ! A new member to boot !! List updated.

Do you happen to be the gentlemen I gave a card to at the Costco the other day ???

Welcome to ACE !!

No we live in Casa Grande, AZ.  Got info from another member of ACE.

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

No we live in Casa Grande, AZ.  Got info from another member of ACE.

Great! Welcome to ACE, and we'll see you Saturday!

Just heard they were going to open hwy89 but have delayed it. Shouldn't be any problem Saturday.  

wickedfastvette
3 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

Just heard they were going to open hwy89 but have delayed it. Shouldn't be any problem Saturday.  

They are now evacuating peeples valley, I will keep you updated if I hear anything else.

28 minutes ago, wickedfastvette said:

They are now evacuating peeples valley, I will keep you updated if I hear anything else.

Hopefully, they will get a handle on this and not have to shut down 89 again:

#TenderFootFire IC ordered Mandatory evacuation of EASTSIDE of hwy 89 in Peeples Valley for precautionary reasons, no eminent threat.

46 minutes ago, theChad said:

...AND there's THIS!! Loop 303 closed from Friday through Wednesday due to filming of the new Transformers movie. 

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/156668277-story

I use this to get home when heading North or returning home. 

It's only closed from I-17 to Lake Pleasant Pkwy. Even though the article said 14 miles, it's really not more than 8. Traffic will be routed onto SR 74 aka Carefree Hwy.

coconut girl

I just talked to a co-worker. Her son is on the Prescott Fire Dept and in Yarnell.

As of this morning Yarnell fire is 10-15% contained. They estimate it will take 2 weeks to fully put out.

More folks in Yarnell and Peeples Valley are being evacuated today. Peeples Valley is north of Yarnell towards Prescott on HWY 89.

I recommend you do change your route.

The area will be extremely smoky and emergency vehicles will be all over the area.

HWY 89 is currently closed and they are not sure when it will re-open. Traffic will be bad Saturday if the road opens.

!! ROUTE & Phoenix Launch Point CHANGE !!

Due to the Yarnell/Peeples Valley Tenderfoot fire and the closure of 89, we'll miss out on the Prescott portion of the twisties.

This also allows us to leave a bit later in the morning to allow for a picnic lunch target closer to Noon.

North Phoenix New Launch Point: NEW Departure Time @ 9:15AM

McDonalds @ Carefree/I-17 (3140 W Carefree Hwy)

Instead of launching from Wickenburg, we'll be congregating at the McDonalds just East of I-17 on the Carefree Highway (3140 W Carefree Hwy)

Route:

I-17 North to 69

to Fain Rd, just East of Prescott Valley - This avoids the crappy traffic

to 89A / Pioneer Parkway to Pioneer Park - Which allows us to pickup additional ACE folk. Departure still the same @ 10:45

to 89A up Mingus Mountain, through Jerome, to Cottonwood's Garrison Park for the picnic.

The Sedona leg will be after lunch.

Return route to the Valley, or wherever you call home, is drivers' choice.

I'll update the first post too.

AlternateCruiseRoute.jpg

Redhotvettte

Friday 6/10/16  1800 hrs - Channel 12 advised that SR 89 is now open. Any thoughts about the original route?

7 minutes ago, Redhotvettte said:

Friday 6/10/16  1800 hrs - Channel 12 advised that SR 89 is now open. Any thoughts about the original route?

2 hours ago they said part would be open except north of Peeples Valley, now it does look like the entire thing is open. However, with all the smoke and crew, police, news, etc. I'm not sure it's worth it. And I've already media blasted out both the change in route, meet, and departure times, reverting back at this point might just cause more confusion than it's worth. 

If if I had this news 8 hours ago, I would have left it, but I was trying to head off any 11th hour changes that looked, at the time, to be a longer shutdown of 89 than what we just learnt. 

I think we should stick with the modified route as edited in the 1st post.

Folks can still take that route on the return trip if they wish.