I need a decent paint shop for my C7

Jar

I had a parking argument with an immovable object and lost, so I've purchased a replacement bumper cover. I need to simply get it painted to the original paintcode and clear coated. Since this is a flat white with no pearl essence of metallic flakes, the paint should be dead simple. I'm just looking for a place that charges a fair price and I can just drop off the bumper cover and pick it up whenever it's done. 

Any recommendations? I'm in the east valley but work up north. 

Call Joe or Michael (Joe is an ACE member)

Classic Gold

305 S Rockford

Tempe

(480) 967-2521

94transamgt

White can vary a bit between manufactures just like blacks. If it is simple just mix and shoot I could do it for you but a good body shop will most likely do a spray out and look at the tinting notes ,and may adjust it to get a better match.

• Upvote 1

White is one of the toughest matches.  Doesn't seem like it should be, but it is

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

So I was out at PIR last Thursday, picking up my credentials and then I went to the infield to do some recon for the weekend. One of the PIR track employees backed into my car and did some minor damage. I just pinged the folks at Classic Gold. Hopefully this is a no-brainer. The damage is in the clear coat, and maybe down to the color on the headlight cover. The panels are also misaligned a bit now. The guy got my headlight, front facia and fender. Nice trifecta.

BTW, I'll get some shots of the race up shortly.

S.C.

24 minutes ago, scottcolbath said:

So I was out at PIR last Thursday, picking up my credentials and then I went to the infield to do some recon for the weekend. One of the PIR track employees backed into my car and did some minor damage. I just pinged the folks at Classic Gold. Hopefully this is a no-brainer. The damage is in the clear coat, and maybe down to the color on the headlight cover. The panels are also misaligned a bit now. The guy got my headlight, front facia and fender. Nice trifecta.

BTW, I'll get some shots of the race up shortly.

S.C.

I'll make you scared....then I'll make your heart go all pitter pattery:

There are 4 "pewter" colors, no one single formula for the years they did it, they vary just slightly enough to make it easy for the wrong person to match it wrong.  It takes someone who knows what they are doing and what they are looking at to match it correctly

Joe at Classic had a pewter 99.  You are in the right hands   :thumbs 

8 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

I'll make you scared....then I'll make your heart go all pitter pattery:

There are 4 "pewter" colors, no one single formula for the years they did it, they vary just slightly enough to make it easy for the wrong person to match it wrong.  It takes someone who knows what they are doing and what they are looking at to match it correctly

Joe at Classic had a pewter 99.  You are in the right hands   :thumbs 

Excellent. Thanks for that info.

S.C.

Off to see Joe and Mike at Classic Gold tomorrow morning for an estimate.

S.C.

15 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

Off to see Joe and Mike at Classic Gold tomorrow morning for an estimate.

S.C.

I know their price will be fair but even more important the work will be quality.  

6 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

I know their price will be fair but even more important the work will be quality.  

$1,400 to basically fix some scratches. But I totally agree with you. I've heard great things, and from people not on this board even.

BTW, while we were standing there, looking at the car, I noticed a friggin; screw in my almost brand new rear Bridgestone Potenza. Fortunately, it was not on the shoulder of the tire. Discount Tire fixed it for free.

S.C.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped off the Vette yesterday. I get it back Friday. In the mean time, the insurance company put me in a Hemi Charger. The quality of the interior of this car is shit. I don't know how they can sell as many of these cars as they do, with such shit interiors. 

I actually sat in a Viper at the dealership a year or so ago and thought they were also pretty lame for a $100K car.

The upside is that is seems to scoot along pretty well for a 4,200 pound car.

S.C.

3 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

Hemi Charger. The quality of the interior of this car is shit. I don't know how they can sell as many of these cars as they do, with such shit interiors. 

I've never been able to figure out "Mopar love".  Sharp looking exteriors but interiors are made for and installed by sight impaired people.

Picked up the car from Classic Gold today. Jesus, what a great job. It's perfect. And they also detailed the car, inside and out.....Not that it was dirty, but jesus, talk about going the extra mile. Mike is an awesome guy and you can tell he just really likes what he does. While he had it, I had him toss in new turn signal lenses which I picked up on another (THE OTHER??) forum. That being corvetteforum.com. Also, Mike tossed in new screens, as mine were brittle and coming apart. I'm very happy with the results, and if I keep this car long enough, it's getting a complete repaint there.

i-7RHTcKq-XL.jpg