South Mt. cruise March 19th

94transamgt

94transamgt

When I lived in California, there were many cruises through the canyons. I have noticed that there are not many cruises around the Phoenix area. This could be because there are not very many good roads close by. I have about 8 different routes ranging from a little over an hour to about 3 hours round trip. This is the first one, I’m planning to do one every third Saturday. If anyone has and questions, comments or ideas let me know. Thanks

2014-nissan-gt-r-track-edition-rear-road.jpg

Expect a low turn out as far as Corvettes. That's the 14th annual Gilia Bend BBQ event. 

Otherwise I would be incline to go!

maybe next month!

SLAMMER 

94transamgt

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that. I was thinking that was this weekend, I have herd that you guys really blast down there, and that it's a great time.

Us blast down there? Naw, we're a bunch of geezers that obey all traffic laws. lol

My wife and I went up there often for sunsets.  Most amazing are the bicyclists riding up the hill at dusk.......without headlights or taillights!!!!  :blink  

BMW - The ultimate driving machine.

However, it still requires a capable driver and he wasn't it.

6 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

He didn't even try to pull out! Morons!

Maybe his dad should have........

i suspect his front end was 'floating' over the hill and was not able to give enough steering input. 

Golly I hope his parents let him finish Sophomore year in high school before buying him another car. 

EDIT: 19 yo M3 BMW circa 2012

94transamgt

That BMW crash was big news back when it happened and still classic. I have only been up South Mt. twice, both times on motorcycles. The first time a friend I was riding with crashed, he said he tried to avoid a rabbit. Worst part was he wrecked his bike another time before that riding with me and after this he never rode with me again.