Time For A Visit

Grape Ape

Okay, so some of you know that I won a couple Museum passes on the national forum. I KNOW I'm not going to win the VIP tickets from what I can see on the voting. Not a big deal as I'm just happy and proud to have been selected to the top 7. My question to you all is, when would be a good time to use them and go for a visit? During the summer is when I was thinking so I can get out of here for a couple days when it's really hot. But if some of you that have been there already know of a better time then please let me know. That is all, carry on...

Thanks to my recent expedition, I will not recommend and nor will I travel east of the Mississippi during winter or hurricane season...that is all.

We went in March about 4 years ago. Weather was good. We flew into and stayed in Nashville and made a day trip of the factory and museum.

May/June would be a good time to go, weather wise. Julie and I will be paying a visit in late May or early June this year.

We drove our brand new 2007 Corvette all the way from here to Bowling Green, KY during early May. We took I-40 there and came back on I-10. The weather was good for us, however there were some storms around that we missed. Total mileage was 3800 smiles! We saw the former museum and would really like to see the expansion.

Have a safe and pleasant journey and may the wind always be at your back! 

I'll be a flyin'. Only have a couple days to spend out there unless I use some vacation time. Thanks for all the tips y'all. I'm planning to hopefully visit Graceland while in the area as well if at all possible but if it's not possible then that will have to be another trip.

You might need to use a day of vacation. We did the factory tour / museum one day, Memphis one day returning to Nashville each night. We stayed two more nights in Nasville enjoying the city and a Predators hockey game.

• 4 weeks later...

We made our reservations yesterday morning to tour the Corvette  Assembly Plant on 25 May. If all goes well, we'll meet up with GrumpyC7 A.K.A Howard and tour the plant and NCM together.