Chameleon

So, as some of you know, earlier this year I acquired a 2014 C7, my 7th Corvette.  As a few of you know, it is the only Corvette I have ever owned that I didn't love.  As of this morning, I don't own it anymore.

Just for fun, for the first ACEhole to correctly identify what is now sitting in my driveway, I will buy your lunch at the next ACE event we both attend. 

Year, make, model, body style.  If you can also identify the color I will buy dessert!  :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chameleon

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

• SLAMMER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2012 PINK Mary Kay Cadilac with white leather and white shagadelic carpet!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.330b4f2ee20af132aa5c15d

OH BEHAVE!!!

SLAMMER

Due to tough financial times a second job was necessary. 

So she traded in the C7 for her work wagon!

image.thumb.jpeg.38d40fa8525d1c55e8454cd

Sorry for for outing your little secret Donna,..........but the sooner everyone knows the easier it will be on you, NOW GET TO WORK!

SLAMMER

Sorry to hear about your C7. What didn't you like about it?

The short answer is. . . I just didn't love it.  I am usually emotionally attached to my Corvettes, but not the C7.

The long answer is. .  .from a more 'real world' perspective, there were a number of things.

The seats were narrow and there wasn't much headroom; for me this was fine, but I have some large people in my life who barely fit and would hit their heads on the roof.

Leg room on the passenger side was a bit tight.  Opening the glove compartment with a passenger in the car meant hanging on to the door or it would smack the passenger in the knees.

The trunk was very small, even by convertible standards. My travel bag that fit in the trunk of my C6 vert would not fit in the C7.

Although it handled great, it rode like a Cadillac, even with the suspension set in track mode.  I guess I am a bit old school; I like my car to feel like a sports car.  The C7 felt like driving a Cadillac with a Corvette body.  I found it somewhat boring to drive.

Cleaning it was annoying.  Not because of the color, but because of all those vents and angles that look so great but trap a lot of water.  In my opinion, if you are going to own a C7 and wash it yourself, you need to invest in one of those high pressure air driers, or you will spend two hours drying your car.

7th gear was basically worthless.  It dropped cruising RPM by about 300, but if you needed to accelerate suddenly, it was necessary to drop 2 gears (to 5th) to find any real acceleration at highway speed.

With a passenger, there was absolutely no place to put my (fairly small) purse.  In the C6, it fit behind the headrest.

It wouldn't stay in the drive mode where I set it.  There are certain default settings the computer assumes when you start the car, so every time I started it I had to manually put in back in track mode where I wanted it.  Tiny issue, but annoying over time that a performance car would remember my radio settings but not the driving mode I preferred. 

Gears were clunky/catchy.  The car had 12,000 miles on it when I got rid of it, and the gears were just clunky.  Didn't feel precision.  By comparison, the car I just got shifts smooth as silk (with significantly less mileage on it).

A lot of heat came into the cabin from the floor, tunnel and firewall.  There was so much heat in the center console that my iPod would quit working due to temperature.  This was never a problem in my C6.  Also, the console was smaller and my concealed carry pistol did not fit.

The automatic seat exit/re-entry options are poorly designed.  Getting out is fine.  Getting in is a different story.  With the seat in exit position, there are two options to automatically reset the seat to driving position: upon opening the door, and upon starting the car.  If I choose the first, then as soon as I open the door, the seat slides forward making it a really tight fit to get in.  The second option doesn't work at all, because in order to start the car, the clutch must be depressed.  With the seat in exit position, I can't even reach the clutch to start the car.  So, my only choices were (1) manually slide the seat backward and forwards every time I got in and out of the car, or (2) be a contortionist to squeeze in and out.  I chose (2), but it was annoying.

End of rant. . .:cuss

I looked on craiglist and didn't see the one I'm thinking of. 

1998 C5 Medium Pearl Purple with the supercharger on it making 605 HP like the plate says...I know I'm wrong but somebody must have bought it since it's not there anymore and it was WAY over priced.

Okay, here's my real guess....es.

The only 2 you should even consider are as follows:

2013 white Collector Edition in the Vert dressing. I would have bought the coupe myself but whatever...

OR 

OR

the 2012 Centennial Edition in black of course.

Mark, if I was 20 and not too smart I would have been all over that 1998 with the supercharger. 

However, we have a winner! Jack's AO almost had it, but left out the color.  Mr. Husker, you are correct, 2013 collector edition vert in white. Moon Valley Grill lunch is on me!

Lemme guess that you grabbed something that a "Senior Citizen" would drive.  Maybe a Buick perhaps?

Congrats "JacksAO"

BTW...He goes by the name John and his Corvette is not Atomic Orange. 

I presume that Donna's new 'Vette has a manual tranny.

Actually, it was Mr. Husker that nailed it exactly. John got it except for the color. In all fairness, looks like I need to buy two lunches, with one including dessert. LOL!

Yes, it's a manual.