Court House Lighting in Prescott 5Dec

chas4570

Annual Christmas kickoff in Prescott on 5Dec.  Christmas parade in the afternoon followed by lighting of the Courthouse and square.  I actually will have the day off due to having to burn up vacation time.  We plan on having dinner at Genovese's Italian that evening.  Reservations for dinner probably a smart move.  Very nice event to attend.  I am thinking this might be a fun, laid back group event.  It will be a busy day up there so arriving no later than mid-A.M. would probably be best.  Lots to see and look at before festivities begin.  A lawn chair is a plus.

Think about it.

Chas

menu: http://www.genovesesrestaurant.com/pg2-dinner.html

Plan on leaving C&C at 8:20.  If anyone is considering going from the north or west side of town, we can meet at the Mickey D's at I17 and Carefree and leave there at 9:00.  My place there for dinner does not take reservations for Saturdays, so that location may change depending on who all is attending.  Eating between parade and courthouse lighting will probably be best due to dinner crowds and drive back down the hill.

Please post up if you plan on joining Annie and I.

Chas

I am in.

I can't pass up an Acehole meeting when it is in my home town.

If you have never seen the Prescott Courthouse square lite up you are missing out.

It is awesome.

I must warn you though it usually snows for the parade.

wickedfastvette

Just as a heads up, Genoveses is a really small place and downtown is super packed at this time, have you talked to them yet? If you don't get a lot of people going then you might be okay.

Yes, not the biggest restaurant in town, but have seen a group as large as twenty seated together.  Another option would be to have an "early dinner" there before the dinner rush.  Maybe between the parade ending and the court house lighting.  Do believe some downtime between the two events.

Thank you for your input.

Chas

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

Chas

Hey Chas,

Nice talking to you on Friday.  I will have to scratch myself off the list I'm afraid, looking like a long Saturday in construction land

Jim

We plan on joining in. Should make it over to C&C, but if NOT we'll be at McDs at 0900.

Glad to have some company

Chas

Had a REALLY good time in Prescott yesterday.  Thank you Mike and Cathy for joining us.  Was great to share a super day with some new friends.

Chas and Annie

Yes it was a really good time, a rock slide dust devil on the way up, great shopping, brunch, an hour and half of Christmas parade, the light show w/caroling, another great meal (gluten-free no less) at an Italian restaurant, and an event free night drove down the hill. The best part was all the the great conversation and getting to know our new to us ACE buddies.