Cruise On Central - October 10, 2015

az57chevy

Who's Going  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree this is great show if we show enough interest in this event Nancy might give us our own parking ? just a thought might be Andrew could help out on  that plan what do you think Andrew ?  

Need a maybe option for the poll....  How is the traffic for getting in and out? I don't know if I could do the whole 7 hours.

Need a maybe option for the poll....  How is the traffic for getting in and out? I don't know if I could do the whole 7 hours.

vote early and vote often

I agree this is great show if we show enough interest in this event Nancy might give us our own parking ? just a thought might be Andrew could help out on  that plan what do you think Andrew ?  

Gunna need an exact count that means as soon as possible! There will be a cut off date so post up!!! Now!

image.jpg

Gunna need an exact count that means as soon as possible! There will be a cut off date so post up!!! Now!

image.jpg

by the way... Of course he can but we really need a count to save the assigned spots!

image.jpg

The Mopar rules this show they show up with 30-35 cars. They have the last row . Which is the only row that offers some shade....that used to be the Camaro  row but their numbers dropped off so Nancy gave it to  Mopar about 4 years ago ..   Don't see enough interest at this point to have our own row... Would love to see Corvette have those numbers some day I guess time will tell .. 

That looks like Andrews Corvette on the flyer and no mopars on flyer ?  

that is correct sir... I have more connections than the Mopar group..I also started hosting Corvette night at Mixteca with Mace members, awards, dash plaques,shirts etc. Classic Muscle, and Modern Muscle. Awards have Vettes on them. And a Speed Image award.

This is the same night as Street Car Take Over so i doubt there will be many people attending this. This is the first time I will not be attending in the last 5 yrs so a little bummed but would much rather be out at the track.

This is the same night as Street Car Take Over so i doubt there will be many people attending this. This is the first time I will not be attending in the last 5 yrs so a little bummed but would much rather be out at the track.

Two different groups of people (show & go) that somewhat overlap. If anything, I'd guess attendance will be less than expected at both events. Spectators are free on Central, $20 at WHP.

Two different groups of people (show & go) that somewhat overlap. If anything, I'd guess attendance will be less than expected at both events. Spectators are free on Central, $20 at WHP.

Yea you're right. I wish they would of been at different times I kno I would of loved to attend both. I'm hoping Street Care Take Over is a hit though as 1320video has a big following and would like to see the scene get a little better here in AZ.

Yea you're right. I wish they would of been at different times I kno I would of loved to attend both. I'm hoping Street Care Take Over is a hit though as 1320video has a big following and would like to see the scene get a little better here in AZ.

Unfortunately, the way it's being handled, drag racing in AZ is slowly fading away. It's happened to other tracks all over the country, that don't create regular consistent programs that attract both racers and spectators. You can't expect to let outside interests to randomly promote a business that relies on spectators and think that occasionally opening the gates will automatically fill the coffers.

Guest badbobs95

I'm going to try and make it if I can get Nacho's Vette done by tomorrow. This is my third detail this week and I'm sore. I'm supposed to be retired! :cuss

I'm going to try and make it if I can get Nacho's Vette done by tomorrow. This is my third detail this week and I'm sore. I'm supposed to be retired! :cuss

I blame Ted

Guest badbobs95

Even though there will be no assigned spot is there a general area you guy's will park, or is everyone gonna just spread out.

People are already there! Enter on Monterrey off Central if you would like to park with the cool people! :o 

We were we were down there for a few. Sat on the corner of Central and Earl. Some punk in a "soured up" Mazda did donuts in the middle of the intersection. Cops showed up in force about 15 mins later. No tickets but sure settled things down to straight burn outs.