Moon Valley Grill Sports Bar

Grape Ape

I'm going to set this little gathering up for a later date in November. It's going to be the day after Thanksgiving on November 27th. I know most of you are saying, "HUH???". So if most of you want this sooner or on a different date I can accomidate you but I won't be ble to attend. I know it's the day after Thanksgiving AND Black Friday but it's really the only day I can do it right now. I can make this happen at 11 am. He usually opens at 11 but he said he can open early just for us so we can have the place to ourselves for a while. There are games on that day and Nebraska does play but there is no set time for that to kick off right now. He also said he can make sure there is enough staff to make sure everyone gets waited on in a timely manner. He usually doesn't staff that many people but he will for us. He said it's a small kitchen area so we will need to be a little patient with it and he is going to bring in another cook just for us so there will be 2. We can also have a little section to ourselves or we can have the patio but he won't be able to keep other patrons out of our area if it gets crowded. He is also going to give us a 10% discount if we order off the menu. I went there today to see if I could catch him there and he was. He said he usually isn't there but he stopped in for a bit to eat after his doctor appointment. So I lucked out and got to visit with him about this gathering and other things. I also got to sample the only samich you should order. It's called the Husker Steak Samich and it was rather good. The businesses around the place will most likely be closed so parking should be good. Kind of a small parking lot but I think on this date it won't be an issue. He's a very cool guy and a friend of mine from High School. He was a grade below me and he also played for the Huskers back in the mid 80's. Sooooo, if any of you want this to happen then post up here and I will be in contact with him about how many might be there. I will be there either way on this date. If you all want it changed to a Saturday or Sunday I can get that done as well.

SO LET ME KNOW....

Address is:

Moon Valley Grill

15414 N. 7th St Suite #2

Phoenix, AZ 85122

DOORS OPEN AT 11 AM...

Pics of the place.

001%20-%20Checking%20The%20Place%20Out%2

002%20-%20Checking%20The%20Place%20Out%2

003%20-%20Checking%20The%20Place%20Out%2

004%20-%20Checking%20The%20Place%20Out%2

005%20-%20Checking%20The%20Place%20Out%2

Those that are IN:

mrhusker - X2 - fo sho, if for nothing else, the Husker game.

suprone

TheCMSH - 78%

badbobs95 - X2

y2krtaf - X2

old yeller - X2

Chameleon - 100%

ThatDudeWood

chas4570 - (?) Depends On if others stay past 2 pm

SLAMMER

Dvl4evr - 50% - If Anyone is there past 1:30

JacksAO (1)

P51TJ (1)

HarleyPat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grape Ape

• TheCMSH

• Chameleon

• Dvl4evr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Run with it man, make the date work for you because you get to do all the leg work.  No way to appease everyone so don't get yourself into a spin trying to make it work for everybody.  My September and October are basically shot so I'm liking the date.  Thanks Mark! :thumbs

Guest badbobs95

It's just up the street from my house!

I'm in

image.jpg

Does that mean we all get to go over to your house after lunch for an all day party? 

Wendy and I will go for sure. Who are the Huskers Mark? Corn people?

First post updated. Corn people??? Well YAAA..What else is there in Nebraska??

I figured the shopping for the day should be over by then and I refuse to go shopping on this day anyway. Date is set in stone now so if you can make it great, if not I guess you can see me some other time...:rolleyes

We can't make it. We r going to spring mountain that weekend for the C7 corvette racing school. Thank you Chevy. 

I figured the shopping for the day should be over by then and I refuse to go shopping on this day anyway. Date is set in stone now so if you can make it great, if not I guess you can see me some other time...:rolleyes

I think he meant "Children of the corn" 

corn people?

image.jpg

I think he meant "Children of the corn" 

corn people?

image.jpg

Yup, and if you look at the 3rd picture you'll spy an ASU helmet hanging under the TV at the far left side.

They patronize the asu folks by leaving that stuff in there. "Remember that one time we beat you XX years ago?" Its their shining moment.......still :lol 

They patronize the asu folks by leaving that stuff in there. "Remember that one time we beat you XX years ago?" Its their shining moment.......still :lol 

I beg to differ.  Every year we're ranked above N is our shining moment.  Oh wait, that's almost every year, of the recent past.

I beg to differ.  Every year we're ranked above N is our shining moment.  Oh wait, that's almost every year, of the recent past.

he...he.....he.....let the nut flicking commence :lol

he...he.....he.....let the nut flicking commence :lol

ok but just to let you know, the nut flicking game in my youth was done with the back hand.

I was actually at that game. Sure glad I got a free ticket and we were on the mezzanine level so I didn't have to pay for any food or drinks either. Free all the way around...They got none of my money...Lil-Red.png

I was actually at that game. Sure glad I got a free ticket and we were on the mezzanine level so I didn't have to pay for any food or drinks either. Free all the way around...They got none of my money...Lil-Red.png

I was there too in the north endzone in the alumni section, it was not a joyous place.  All credit to the devils that day, we were playing awful and they capitalized on every miscue.  Here's are two  trivia questions worth a beverage of choice at the lunch.  Honor system, no cheating, no Google or internet search allow (again, honor system)

1) Name the starting quarterback for each team that day

2) Name the head coach for each team that day

Correct answers to each is worth a beverage of choice on my tab :thumbs

Here's are two 

name one thang a corn-ie duh'nt learnd at skooll....

What is " Grammer "

I think the only reason they won was that our offensive line was teaching the QB a lesson and then when it was time to play they couldn't get their mojo back. Props to ASU though. I can answer your quiz questions but I'll let someone else play along.

N-Gloves.png

Here's are two 

name one thang a corn-ie duh'nt learnd at skooll....

What is " Grammer "

It's "grammurz" Tejas boy

Funny timing.  I got a 90's alumni post card yesterday, and on it was the 8 things that make you a 90's alumni.  Thing like waiting for a computer at the computing commons, going to Bandersnatch before games/ during half time, seeing comedians perform in basement of MU, knowing exactly where you were when we beat Nebraska? 

Holy crap I forgot about Bandersnatch.  Ok, I award one beverage to Eddie for naming the ASU component because it's my contest and I'm allowed to change the rules.  I was always a Snyder fan, really thought he got shafted but that's how college sports goes anymore.  I figured Plummer was the easy part of the equation, wasn't sure if folks remembered the coach since there's been quite the turnover in that department. (yes, Nebraska is on their 4th coach since the game)

OK - name the Nebraska coach and starting QB

Mark - if no one gets it in the next few hours you are allowed to play