PLEASE READ software changes/upgrade

Desertdawg

The newest version of our forum software has been installed...

The first major change will be to the log in process.

You will no longer have a user name, you will need to use your display name to sign in.

i.e. My display name is Desertdawg.

Please use this thread for all questions, problems, or bugs you might have, we will do our best to solve any issues as quickly as possible.

Back when I first signed up I tried to use my display name as my user name but it was already in use so I had to choose another. Can I assume that wont be a problem here?

I've never heard of the username with that error, after the upgrade it won't be an issue anymore

I see samolian, Cambodian, Russian. And portageuse for other languages.

No Spanish.

I'm guessing they don't want to overload the system with frivolous data. :lol

JLs Mistress

The layout we see now is the new finished update.. is birthdays gone ?   also need  PW for basement  which I don't have ? 

It is odd looking, but functionally similar so far.

Are smilies not working yet...or are they gone? :lol

No signatures either?

There are a few tasks still running. It may take a few hours to ????? To complete them. 

Until then look around and check out the new look.  (Sorry for the repetitive commentary. Sitting in the dentist chair right now)

have fun and lets try to break it while the warranty is still good. 

Can't find a button to show the most recent threads.... and I'll also need that basement p/w to make sure that section is functioning properly....

:Orange:

smilies work. Even from an iPhone now

I'll look for the "most recent activity" setting.  

Yeah. I see it. I'll see if I can move it to the forefront as soon as all the task finish. 

This is is a screen shot of 1/8 of the tasks running in the background for the update. There's a lot of rebuilding to go so be patient. 

Also testing the uploads. 

image.jpg

I just fixed the email system.  No crash ???  

Wow :eek  I'm getting good at this shit ...

Is there anything to be done about everyone's interests displaying in full in every post?  For those users with a lot of information listed in their interests, a single word post will still take up an entire page on the forum.  I just removed all of mine because it was too long. . .

Also, I was forced to change my gender to "not telling" because when updating my profile, "female" is not allowed by the new software. 

I'm sure all the settings and options are still here, I'll just need time to go thru everything and set up the forum like we are used to. Everything from interests displaying to displaying signatures.

Like I said last night, I took today and off to run non stop for appointments. 

Plus all the task still running as we browse, they are a lot of the building blocks to the settings I need to find. 

Whats the consensus on the round avatars? 

I'm not a fan of them and would like to see the square avatars again (if that's an option to change)

I like the change.  Works great on my phone and home computer.  My IPAD does not like it for some reason.

Also, I was forced to change my gender to "not telling" because when updating my profile, "female" is not allowed by the new software. 

try editing it again, go male, save then back to female and tell me if it works for you now. 

It worked for me ????

Birthdays and events added back to the main forum page. 

How do I get the full version on my phone? (Android) Haven't been on a real computer yet to see how that looks. Maybe I am looking at the full version, don't know yet.  And what member number am I? Want to save it for future things maybe.:rolleyes

I think this is the full version. I haven't found any way to change it between mobile and full. 

Pill see if I can find the member numbers soon, that task is farther down the list to be run..

• Upvote 1